GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just order the Hypertech Max Energy Programmer for my NBS 07 Sierra. The main reason for my odering is my awful gas mileage of about 11.6 or so. The Programmer has nice claims and I trust the Hypertech Name. Oh yeah and there's a 30 day money back guarantee :great:.. If it doesn't do what I want I'll be returning it and getting a custom dyno tune for hp and torque more so then fuel. I'll make sure to keep ya posted. :glasses:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Please post an update when you get it. I'm thinking about getting it myself for my 01 burb.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the model 32000 for my 99 Tahoe , it is also the same model my 01 HD 2500 uses . So I can switch back & forth between vehichles . In my case it does EVERYTHING it promises . My Tahoe with all it's bolt-on mods runs like a muscle car ' and gets 20 MPGs when female driven . It controls tranny shift points so you don't need a shift kit .

·
Registered
296 Posts
How cool, did you get part number32004? I am interested in what it does for fuel economy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 32000 is what my truck called for , with my 19 tear old son driving , the Tahoe gets 17 MPGs , when my wife drives it 20 MPGs .

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it today...Woo Hoo.....
Yes it is part number 32004.

O.k

Day1, Installed Programmer ( Only took 10 mins and that was [email protected] finding the onstar fuse :happy:).
Ran 87 Octane tune and headed to the gas station for fill up.
On the way I put it through some tests and the WAS a nice difference.
From a start I didn't have to press the pedal as hard to get to desired speed and I was turning less RPM. NICE..
Smashing the Gas from any speed results in great acceleration all the way to redline.
So Far So Good.

Next update will be on first fill up at around 1/2 - 1/4 tank remaining.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah, I've had Hypertech's before. It's better than stock. :)

But if you've used the old Hypertech Powerprogrammer III, it has the same tune as the new one. According to Hypertech it's just different packaging and it's internet updatable.

It just didn't give me as much performance improvement as the Flashpaq and definately not as much as a Custom Tune.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm really just looking for a nice increase in fuel economy or I'll return it and strap her down to the dyno to get custom tuning.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
man if i had $400 to spend I'd probably pick that up.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Keep us updated if you will. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O.K, first fuel up was today. 14.84MPG YAY....I know that doesn't sound like alot but to me that's HUGE.:great:

So before I had my new tires, I avg 13.41 MPG
With 13.81 High and 13.16 Low
After the new wheels and tires, I dropped to 11.8 MPG
With 12.43 High and 11.3 Low
So 14.84 is a nice increase over 11.8 if I do say so myself.

All this driving is city driving in heavy traffic and this week traffic was a little heavier then usuall so I'm hoping for yet another increase next fill up.

Since New Programmer I've gained about 3.04 MPG on average. That's an increase of about 25% Not to shabby.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I should have my Max Energy next week.Hopefully it will wake the old Duramax up a bit. I`m also hopeing for better fuel economy, getting about 16.4 right now. Hypertech claims you can run it on the highest level which is 3 and never worry about damage to engine or tranny.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I should have my Max Energy next week.Hopefully it will wake the old Duramax up a bit. I`m also hopeing for better fuel economy, getting about 16.4 right now. Hypertech claims you can run it on the highest level which is 3 and never worry about damage to engine or tranny.
Hey Terry,
Let me know how you like it. I am going to be adding a Bullydog PMT to my Duramax hopefully soon. I have heard good things about the Predator programmer as well as a few others so I'm curious about the Max Energy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will do Darcy.I read an article the other day where they done a test on the Edge the Hypertech and the Superchips and Hypertech came out on top because it was able to keep the egt`s with in specs.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I first am going to install a 5" cat-back exhaust to get it breathing better (supposed to lower EGT's by 200 degrees) then i will be looking at the Bullydog.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Darcy, i bought my truck used and it already had the 4" exhaust from the turbo down pipe back.All i added was a stainless tip. Still running a muffler but no cat.Thought about straight piping it but they claim you will get a drone in the cab between 70 and 80mph and i kinda like it the way it is,quiet. Should have my programmer Monday or Tuesday. I `ll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Darcy, i bought my truck used and it already had the 4" exhaust from the turbo down pipe back.All i added was a stainless tip. Still running a muffler but no cat.Thought about straight piping it but they claim you will get a drone in the cab between 70 and 80mph and i kinda like it the way it is,quiet. Should have my programmer Monday or Tuesday. I `ll let you know how it works out.
Sounds great!
I got the chance to drive my friends 04 and he has a turbo kit, built Allison tranny, Quadzilla stealth2 programmer, aftermarket left exhaust manifold (not restricted like stock), 5" turbo-back exhaust, Air Raid CAI, and that thing was sooooo responsive and fast! I had no idea a 2500HD 4X4 could move so fast (Seen them, but never drove one) So I am always interested in performance options for the Duramax.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New Update-

Well did a little math today just to see how much I've been saving on gas.
I've had the programmer on for about 8000 miles now and so far not one complaint.

8000 miles @11.8MPG = 677.96 gallons of fuel. 677.96 gallons x 3.75/gallon average = $2542.37
8000 miles @14.8MPG = 515.35 gallons of fuel. 540.54 gallons x 3.75/gallon average = $2027.02 Savings = $515.35

Now this is just an average and It will vary slightly but it is pretty accurate. So after only a few months I have not only payed for my programmer but actually saved about $100 after the fact. As gas prices increase I will save more. What do you think about that?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts