GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what everyone thoughts are on the best programmer for a 2003 silverado 1500 5.3 liter z71. i was looking at hypertech but im not sure what other ones are out there. any info is welcome, thanks

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I, as well as many others on this site, will strongly recommend the DiabloSport Predator. I have a Predator in my truck, and I couldn't be happier with it. I has proven to have great results, especially with the 'Diablo Tune' (It has an 87 Octane tune that I use most of the time, and a 93 Octane 'Diablo Tune' that gives you even better performance for premium fuel). The Predator also allows for many, many fields to be adjusted so that once you learn what each is and how to adjust them, you can make it match the exact way your truck runs. It can also log data download tunes so that if you want to, you can have a DiabloSport tuner take the data you log and write a professional tune to match your truck. We have a user on this site, 06monteSS, who is one of the tuners for Diablosport, and I have heard nothing but good reviews about his work.

This information is based on my personal experience with my Predator, so I hope it helps you.

Be sure to let us know what you choose in the end.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
x2 on the Predator....I originally had a Hyper-Tech, and although I did like it, I traded it for the Predator, as it is more sophisticated and can handle custom tunes.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
For smart folks like Mike and PMF the predator is great. I am very simple minded and I sold my predator for my NNBS and got a hypertech. I had hypertech on my Tahoe and blazer and they are solid products. The majority of people with tuners on the forum has the predator and they can do many many things. I dont think you could go wrong with either....

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Get a Diablo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts