GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,457 Posts
Does it work for a 97 GMC SAVANA 5.7 V8?
if you give me the part number of the programmer I can have a look :neutral:

·
Registered
279 Posts
i just checked to see if it would work on my 99 and Hypertech only lists that part # for 1996 models, 1997 are different, 98, 99, are all different

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i just checked to see if it would work on my 99 and Hypertech only lists that part # for 1996 models, 1997 are different, 98, 99, are all different
well i know for a fact it works in other years because i stuck it in my cousins 97 and it worked and the manual says up to 2000 as long as it is vortec i even stuck it in wifes cousins 98 w/ 454 and it worked.

I dont know about 99-2000 but 96-98 for sure

i will offer a refund to anyone if it doesnt work on there vehicle as long as it doesn't come back VIN locked you just pay the shipping back to me

Davandy i replied to your email.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Novice here:

Please let me know how it works. I have a 99 burb and it is my daily driver (pick up and drop off 3 children daily and have total of 6 in family - wife and 4 children). I've modified my exhaust with 2 inlet/outlet muffler but wondered how a chip would affect mileage and power performance.

·
1,457 Posts
The programmer arrived today undamaged. I tried it right away and everything works fine.:great:
I will do a test drive tomorrow to see if I got any improvement in performance.:neutral:

·
1,457 Posts
I went for a test drive today and it's a big improvement much more power I hope the fuel economy is better too :great:

·
Registered
7 Posts
How difficult was it to install? If it's that much of a difference, I might wanna look into doing the same thing. If it's a 150 dollar investment and makes that much better power and improved fuel economy it will definitey be worth it.

Abot how much of an increase have you seen since you've installed it? Or have you been gunning it since you've notice the huge power gains?...lol

i know you have a van while I have a truck to I'm assuming it should be a little easier to install.

Congrats!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How difficult was it to install? If it's that much of a difference, I might wanna look into doing the same thing. If it's a 150 dollar investment and makes that much better power and improved fuel economy it will definitey be worth it.

Abot how much of an increase have you seen since you've installed it? Or have you been gunning it since you've notice the huge power gains?...lol

i know you have a van while I have a truck to I'm assuming it should be a little easier to install.

Congrats!!!
it is plug and play. just plug it in answer some questions and let it do it's thing. It was in my tahoe and i could tell a big difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
I should have updated my reply. After I left my last one, I went to Hypertech's site and noticed that it is a hand held computer that reprograms the ECU. I noticed that it also allows you to revert back to factory settings. IF it's about 150 - 200 dollar investment for improved fuel effeciency and more power, then it is a good investment and I'm beginning to give it some serious though, especially if I can allows go back to factory settings if need be.

The only question I have is must I run Premium fuel after the modification or can I change the settings and still run on 87 (although I use on average 89 octane - mixture of 87 and 93 or just staight 89)?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts