GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious as to what your opinions are on the two tuning products and what experiences you may have with them. The reason to my interest in these is because I would rather not spend that much on actual "tuning software" nor have to buy a laptop. I could also purchase a reprogrammed pcm but that is a pain to deal with because I did that with my grand prix for years. The only Superchips programmer that MIGHT work is limited to '06 model year...not an '07 specific(not available). Plus it's more expensive than Hypertech. The new Hypertech model can tune over 100 gm vehicles in a wide range of years...much more flexible. I can get them both at-cost from a friend at an autoparts store, with the Hypertech about 40-50bucks cheaper. I would definitely lean toward ht. I know may not be worth it b/c it's only a 4.3 but it's all I have to work with...plus it's just fun to mod.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. The Max Energy from Hypertech is what I was talking about and leaning towards. If you could tell a difference in your 4.3 then so could I. It sounds like it's worth the money.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I've read about the superchips gettin a tad more power out of it but supposedly the newer HT max energy tuner is much better than the 3rd gen. Besides, I can't even order the older tuner anymore...not available from where I will get it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh ok, I was just going on what I read from Hypertech. It does make sense that it's the same tune just in better packaging. I guess the new version is just more flexible. So far I've only heard good things about it...may have to wait for my tax refund, bonus, or something.. don't have the cash just yet.

Another ?... Can you have more than one vehicle tuned at a given time? The 3rd gen would only let you have one tuned and would not let you tune another vehicle till you returned the last one back to stock settings..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally tuned the truck today...pull above 2500rpm is much better now. That's normally where it started making power anyway. So far it's a good tuner...definite difference.

When I first hooked it up it found two engine codes. I looked them up in my Haynes manual and it said it's running lean on banks one and two. I can only assume that's because of my K&N intake and Magnaflow allowing it to flow more air. The engine lilght never came on though. I cleared the codes and proceeded to tune. Runs fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.