GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads 93 gmcsierra with a 4l60e slams second when the engine light is on.if iclear it itll shift fine until itcomes back on.the trans shop said the codes were related to low voltage at the solenoids ant the tps
the battery is at 14.33 running as is the alt.the guage is around 10 or 12 but sometimes jumps to14ish even at idle.i put a new alt in case because the battery was running atabout 10 but is now at 14.33:grrrrrr:
where should igo from here:neutral:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yea h
is a z71 witha new 305last year
hes at 201947 for miles and hes the second owner

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I have no idea what the problem would be, but it looks like the tranny shop should have been able to tell you. With that many miles, maybe it is just tired! Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
yeah, sounds like exspensive transmission work, unless you're kinda handy... My first guess would be something wrong in the valve body... too high of line pressure I wanna say, but don't quote me on that. However, you have the electronic controlled tranmission, so the computer's taking care of it all. Definitley sounds like an expensive trip to the tranny shop. Bring it into a Aamco shop or the like for the "free 21 point courtesy check".

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT IS CAUSING TOO MUCH LINE PRESSURE
HE SAID ITS FROM LOW VOLTAGE ON THE SOLENOIDS
NOT DOING WHAT THEY NEED TO DUE TO LACK OF VOLTAGE
WHERE THE IS ALL THE GROUNDS ON THERE
BECAUSE IT SHIFTS FINE WHEN THE ENGINE LIGHT OFF
HE SAID HE COULDNT GO FUTHER BECAUSE OF THE LOW VOLTAGE
:grrrrrr:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts