GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 BB Suburban.
well its been doing this scents I got it but its getting worse now. the whole diming head and dash lights. turn signal makes the needle dance, did this when at idle but now its starting to do it when moving. my 1st thought Voltage regulator... part of the alternator... but I got lucky it tested fine... so what could it be? plugs and wires have already be done as well... though it was a shop that did it not me probably should look. they also said my brakes were like 70-80% but the rear make noise. but only when its dry and hot out? truck just turned 167k checked the timing a few times that to is fine. other then that truck is running fine I was going to rebuild but I'd figure I can wait to 200k and save so I can do more then just a basic rebuild.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Not sure about the brakes, but for the electrical issues did you try disconnecting the battery, cleaning the terminals and then reconnecting it? This usually works for me if I have any strange electrical issues on my truck. Also, how old is your battery?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the terminals are nice and clean plus there now top mount cause I had a battery from my last truck which died a few weeks after getting the new battery. but the truck did all this before the switch. Oh and I forgot the one thing it also been doing scents I got it there is a skip in the drivers side injector. could this have something to do with it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check if the pad on the shoes are cracking, sometimes they make noise when this happens and you can also apply brake grease on the mounting contact points of the shoes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts