GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Silverado WT w/ 4.3L. Can I put a new LS3 or LS6 with ecu and other components in my truck. Will the 4L60E handle it under daily driving, no racing. Second will the 4.3L w/ ecu and all components work in my 1995 Chevrolet suburban with its 4L60. If not how else can large increase hp upgrade? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Anything can be done if you have the money. This would be a major project.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I know a guy in Ga that puts the Z06 motor in Tahoes.... For him it's a week long job.. he has built a few of them....

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Yes, but the Tahoe's start with a V-8 so I'm sure its less work than starting with a V-6. I think by starting with the V-8 he wouldn't have to change things like the radiator, trans cooler etc.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Like was already posted with enough money anythings possible.

Regarding the 4.3 in the Suburban do you really want to go give up that much?
Dont get me wrong the 4.3 is a good engine but to get any gains from this swap you'll have to dump some money into performance enhancements that will bring you even with what could be had from a basic 5.0 or 5.3, the 4.3 will have to work that much harder to carry around the Suburban that the fuel mileage will suck even worse than it probably does now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts