GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,678 Posts
Well, I was shocked to read your question. In fact, I got quite a charge out of it. :)

What part of the country are you in? Do you wear a lot of sweaters and other knit material? Do you maybe juggle magnets while driving down the road?

All kidding aside, most of the time this happens to be an issue of static electricity. It's possible that you've got some extra juice going though you from a cell phone, a Pocket PC, or some other electrical gadget. If you go to most gas stations now they have the "don't talk on the cell phone while pumping gas" stickers up now becuase a few vehicles have burst into flames because of cell phone static charges.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,678 Posts
I got shocked the other day.

It was Saturday morning. I was driving around town to get some supplies for my Saturday "honey-do" list. I went to Lowes, Home Depot and Taget.

Maybe it was the fact that I was getting in and out every 20 minuntes for 2 hours. Maybe it was the charged electricity in the air (we've been having storms). Maybe I was just unlucky. But, I got shocked getting out the the Trailblazer!

As far as I know, this was the first time that I remember getting shocked! Maybe it was a fluke. I was getting out and I had to watch out for some stuff in the parking lot before I closed my door. So I sort of slid out of a half-opened door and when my foot hit the ground, my right elbow hit the metal part of the rear-door. >SMACK< it hit me.

Now, I've had that TB for 9 months and this is the first time that I remember getting shocked by it. I hope that it's the last for another 9 months too!
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,678 Posts
Well, perhaps you are getting a bit more of a shock than just is produced from simple static friction. I'm not certain what could cause this because if you think though using a view of electrical theory, your battery would short out if it were contantly looking for another path from positive to negative. If you got out of the car holding the door and touched something metal, you would get shocked over and over and over again when you touched and let go and touched and let go.

There are probably a whole slough of possibilities, but if you think that you are having a problem like this than either the dealership or an auto electrician/technician would be a good place to turn to for some answers and diagnostics.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,678 Posts
Yeah, they caught some of those fires on the secutiry cameras at various gas stations across the country.

What gets me is the people who smoke when they are filling up their tanks. That's like just unbelieve when I see that.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top