GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Try spraying Static Guard (I think that's what it's called) on the seats. It's meant for clothes so I'm sure it'd be safe on automotive fabric, which is very durable. I tried this trick in the winter on other vehicles I've owned and it worked.

The other thing you can do is hold onto the metal door frame as you slide off the seat. The charge will dissipate through the door and you won't get a shock. This does work but doesn't really fix the underlying cause.

Also, if you're getting shocked like this never get back in your TB when you're filling up with gas. Always stay outside. If you get back in and then out, when you go to put the nozzle away you could get a shock from the nozzle. That tiny spark is enough to cause the gas vapors to ignite. There was a string of fires like these a couple years ago here in St. Paul, Minnesota during the winter (the air is drier and shocks are MUCH more common). The Fire Dept. even did a demonstration of what can happen. They showed it on the news and it's not something I'd ever want to witness or have happen to me. Be safe.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top