GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got my truck back from the shop and it was a bit taller than when I dropped it off. I got the Rancho 4" kit with the 9k shocks/struts and I am very pleased as of now. I got way more lift than I though I would. I am sitting at 44 inches up front and 43 3/4 inches in the rear. Only thing not quite right so far is once I hit 50mph on the road the traction control and stability lights come. I just hit my DIC menu button and it stops flashing, but the traction control light stays on the dash. These are just quick cell pics for now. I will get some better quality pics up soon!! Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Congrats, and it looks good!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Oh yeah! Looks great Alston, so you got 4 1/2" up front and 3 1/2" in the rear over the leveling kit, how much over stock is that? The drive shaft angles look good, how are the CV's? I'm not thrilled with such a large rear block, I would look into having the springs re-arched and reducing the block size. Gonna have to change the sig now! The NNBS's really look good lifted!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Lookin' real nice. The tires look great with your lift.:great:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!!

Adam, yes I got that much more over the level kit. Which is 6.25 in the front and 4.5 in the rear over stock. I am really unsure about the large rear block myself. There is little to no axle wrap when taking off at 3/4 throttle. Have not done a dig yet, but dont really plan on it either. I will look into a little different set up down the road to get a smaller black back. The angles are freaking awesome with this kit! I am very impressed with it so far!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The thing about the block is you can control axle wrap by the way you accelerate, but you are helpless when it comes to braking under emergency conditions. I'm sure today's ABS are a big help, but if you do lock them up the blocks are the weak point, also there is a possibility of pulling the drive shaft out of the t-case! (It happened to me on an older truck....twice!) So long as your driveshaft is long enough you should be fine, but just something to think about. My solution was to remove the lift block and re-arch the springs and install a longer tailshaft on the t-case.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Your truck looks sweet!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I was wondering if you had gotten your kit yet. Looks SWEET!!! One thing, cut the zip-ties off the shock boots and let the boots just sit there. This will let the water/condensation drain out. Other wise the top of the shock WILL rust out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your truck looks great

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Took a very nice looking truck and made it look even better:great::great::great:. Hopefully you can figure the deal out with the warning lights. I woulda thought something to do with the tires and needing to calibrate for them, but you had those on before the lift without problems.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Truck looks greats

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
That looks good Alston. Only problem now is your wife's gonna be pizzed cuz she has to carry a step stool with her so she can get in :)

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Alston, don't forget to retorque all the nuts and bolts after the first 300-500 miles.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks great Alston!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Looks good man, whenever you decide to try it out wheeling let me know and I'll join ya with the Bronco :great:

·
Registered
216 Posts
congrats looks good, i love that color too

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the coments guys! I will cut the zip ties on the boots and just drove the truck 200 miles so I will retorque everything when I get home.

I will hit you up chrome to go play in some mud once the new wears off!!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Very nice Stance.... The new Silverado's always look sweet with a nice lift.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts