GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all how’s everyone doing? My name is jesse and this is my first time posting here. I hope someone can give me a hand with this issue.

Alright y’all I’m stuck. And starting to get irritated. Okay so I have a built 6.0l and I had originally ran the 4l80e in my truck until it decided to grenade its self. So my only other available option at that point was a 4L60E. So I put it in. It shifted fine no slipping nothing irregular going on. So I’ve had it in my truck now for about a week. The other day I was driving down the road and some how the return cooler line from the trans cooler to the trans got pinched between my idler arm and something else causing the line to break. So I pulled over fixed the line temporarily with a piece of fuel line and hose clamps filled the trans back up with fluid and now all the sudden it doesn’t hit overdrive. It shifts 1,2 then won’t shift from 2-3 with out me hammering down on it then it goes into 3 but stays there and sometimes under load it will downshift from 3-2 and then that’s it Nothing else.

when I swapped from the 80e back to the 60e I re arranged all the pin outs in the plug at the trans and the pcm connector and all that fun stuff. I’ve done everything I can think to fix it. I’ve built several of these transmissions and all but this one has me confused as hell. Any advice or input would definitely be appreciated. I need to get my truck back on the road asap

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
you did not use the use the 4l80 .. model years GM changed internal components and the PCM software.
you change the connectors LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
""""" when I swapped from the 80e back to the 60e I re arranged all the pin outs in the plug """""
If you are I guess I should also throw in there that I built a 6.0l and swapped it for the original 5.3l along with the wiring harness and the pcm as well as fuse block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts