GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im new here i have a question i got my oil change about 1500 miles ago and now its saying change engine oil on my truck after 1500 miles kinda wierd to me its a 2004 silverado c1500 model it has about 45,000 miles on it its the first truck i ever owned so im new to chevy and trucks period can anyone help?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey DannyBoy!!!:sign0016:to the site!! I have one question. Did you reset the computer after your oil change? If not what you need to do is turn the key to "on" and depress the gas pedal 5 times in three seconds. This will cure the problem. These new trucks have so many sensors and internal diagnostics it is hard to keep up with everything all the time. Hope this helps Chris the GoFastPadre.:glasses:

·
Registered
100 Posts
He is right, turn key on to run position (don't start engine) and depress gas peddle three times. It will reset.

I just got my first Chevy 2003 Silverado with 48K on it last week and I am setting it up now for 250K minimum. I will be going over to Mobil 1. Changed out rear end lube yesterday and put in Mobil 1 75W90. Engine will get Mobil 1 10W30 at 50K. Transmission lube will be changed every 30 K. That should take me to 250K easy.

Only thing I would change on this truck would be to add cruise control and make it a five speed manual. Other than that I love it. It is my first GM product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts