GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of looking at some rims and tires for sale. Im getting a really good deal but when I went to look at them yesterday, the tires looked like the might rub a little bit.
Could someone please confirm that these tires will fit on my truck with modifications and rubbage.

I have a 2008 Silverado Lt Crew Cab
The tires going on are 325x60rx20. The rims are 20 ".

The last thing I want to do is buy these and find out later that they wont fit. On a budget and would like to keep within that budget and spend money only on the rims and tires, not on having to lfit or whatever it may be to get them to fit.
Cheers Guys.

PS - My truck is looking siick!!!!!! Hahaha I ve put alot of work into the last year and will be putting all my mod pics up when rims go on!!!!:great:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Those tires are right around 35", unless your truck is at least leveled (preferably lifted) I don't think they're gonna fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:unlove: Heartbreaking.....LOL Back to the drawing board.....Thanks for the response....Can anyone confirm this before I pass this offer up?

·
Registered
539 Posts
people have some rubbing issues with 295/70r17 so im pretty sure it will be worse

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok :( Next question then, would a leveling kit help these tires fit? 2.5 inches? Or would I have to going into an actual lift? Ugggghhhhhhhhh:grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr: Hahaha Just when you find yourself a good deal, this happen. Go figure, not surprised.... Thanks Guys:great:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A leveling kit will help but unfortunately I don't think it will be enough. A 3 in. body lift on top of a leveling kit might do the trick but even then you'll need to do considerable trimming to avoid any tire rub. :erf: A full suspension lift is probably your best option.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
You need a 6" lift to fit 35" tires.

·
Registered
183 Posts
6" lift is the only way to clear 35's unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i had the same tires Cooper stt's 325/60/18 on my truck but it also had a 2.5 inch leveling kit on the front and i had to barely trim the plastic in the fender well other than that they fit pretty good.. I personally wouldn't run them it's a 33 13.50 it's wide you maybe could get away with a 33 12.50 with a leveling kit maybe with no trimming...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the response guys!!! Really reallyu appreciate, cuz knowing me i would have bought them and been screwed if I hadnt come on here.

But, Ive come across a really good deal again, Tire size 305/40/R22, Would this work for the truck? Really nice rims too, tire tread 75% , 22 rims, $900.
Fingers crossed

·
Registered
539 Posts
that tire is about 31.6", which wont be problem, you might want to test fit the front wheels to make sure the offset and backspacing of the rims are good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts