GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I had 20's on my 97 yuk, and i have had this 00 for about 3 year snow, well i out a set of 305/45/22's on it Tuesday. They scrub when i turn my wheel deep and if i go up a inclined driveway they scrub. should i crank up the torshion bar in the front? or what?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey I had 20's onmy 97 yuk, an di have had this 00 for about 3 year snow, well i out a set of 305/45/22's on it Tuesday. They scrub when i turn my wheel deep and if i go up a inclined driveway they scrub. should i crank up the torshion bar in the front? or what?
I bought 22's not too long ago and I tried both the 40 and 45 on it. -The 45 rubbed everytime I turned on the drivers side because of where the washer fluid bottle pushed out the fender lining. I went with the 305/40/22 and couldn't be happier. If you crank the bar up an inch or so should work ot.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just make sure to get it re-aligned after messing with the torsion bars...you don't want to wear out those new tires any faster than they will on their own!!! :)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Just make sure to get it re-aligned after messing with the torsion bars...you don't want to wear out those new tires any faster than they will on their own!!! :)
I was actually going to suggest the same thing. You'll roast those tires right off the rim without an alignment being done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts