GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Chevy colorado 2.8 i4 2wd etc. And i already have an intake but i need more. The dealership is being ass's about me wanting a muffler so i think this might be able to be hidden a little bit more than an exhaust? And i need to know whare to find one! get back to me! thanks- chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
HAVE YET TO HEAR OF ANY MILEAGE INCREASE BECAUSE I'M TOLD IT DOESN'T MIX THE FUEL WITH THE AIR. IF YOU HAD A CARB THAT'S DIFFERENT,IT HELPED ON MY BIKE BEHIND THE S&S CARB. HOW ABOUT IT PEOPLE ANYBODY GETTING THE MILEAGE THEY CLAIM?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Never tried it. Seems too risky a purchase to me. I'm more likely to drop money on something like that if costs a whole lot less. I personally can't see how grooves in a spacer, that puts my fuel source further away from the spark can help my power, but I'm no engineer, despite what my rank says... :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have not gotten it yet.. i am still thinking about it but i have to see more reviews of it. My friend has a 1996 tahoe sport 350 vortech with one on it and it makes a nice whistle sound. Thats about all i know about it for now.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I agree. I like to hear from a few non-baised folks before I try something. Sometimes even the pros get it wrong. I heard before to roll down the windows and not run the AC. however, it's been proven that driving with the AC on is better than the drag from windows down.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
... not that anything I've heard is or is not biased, I just like to find people that i trust and that have given me good advice before ... technically, everyone is biased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're not gonna see any performance gains really and it isn't gonna hurt you either. It will just make a whistling noise. There are a number of places you can get it from. stylinconcepts.com, streetbeatcustoms.com, summitracing.com, ebay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: RE: I want a throtle body spacer!

MHS_X_C said:
You're not gonna see any performance gains really and it isn't gonna hurt you either. It will just make a whistling noise. There are a number of places you can get it from. stylinconcepts.com, streetbeatcustoms.com, summitracing.com, ebay.
Agreed save your money and get a custom tune :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts