GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new but I'm experienced with forums. I did a search for my subject and found no results (didn't want to upset the forum).

Anyway, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the 2nd row bench seating with some Captain's Chairs? We have a newborn and my wife is sitting back there now complaining it's so uncomfortable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know Yukon Denali's come with captain chair configurations. However, I'm not sure if the 2001 Tahoe LT w/o 3rd row would accommodate.

Thanks,
Brently

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
It's possible, but I've never seen it done in a Tahoe. A machine shop could help you get mounting brackets made for it, or maybe there are some bolt-ons. I'm just not sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, thanks for making me feel loved by responding. I think I'll start with junk yards and pull the brackets, if any, and seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 tahoe 2nd row cap chairs

We have the captains chairs for the 2nd row seating in our 2001 Tahoe. We also had 2 babies under one when we purchased the Tahoe and it was wonderful being able to go back and forth.
We are now wanting to put the 2nd row bench in and take out the Cap chairs. Do you know where we can do that? The dealership told us we would have to find a specialty shop.
Any info?

TB

·
Registered
404 Posts
Was that an option from the dealer? Or was that done aftermarket? Any ideas?

It shouldn't be very difficult to return it to stock, as I have really never seen a Tahoe with captain chairs in the 2nd row. So, I would think that just about anyone that deals with body work, interiors, etc would be able to do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
speaking of seats.. I kind of want to take my cloth seats out and place some leather in mines... gray of course.. its a 2 door it shouldn't be to hard just got to find the seats for the right price.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Lot of people are looking for the Tahoe 3rd row seat. Not many are looking for captain's chairs in the 2nd row.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think that it must have been done afterwards by a conversion company. I can't find anything on captains chairs for the 2nd row.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can swicth the bench and buckets back and fourth and everything will bolt up both ways the only thing is when you go from bench to buckets there will be a hole in the carpet which will be visable, although a floor mat would take care of that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh yeah I am the guest that wrote the last reply and I have a 04 Tahoe with a second row gray leather bench seat that I would like to trade of buy 2nd row factory captains chair which would need to be gray leather.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Sorry, I meant for this to be turned off so that Guests can't post. Don't know how that happened, hope that you come back and sign-up though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Tahoe with a cloth bench seat in the second row, I am looking to swap it out for captain/ bucket seats. Can this be done and if so is anyone willing to trade?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just curious if anyone has replaced their seats and/or put in a 3rd row for their Tahoe????
yes I personally have it’s so easy too lift the carpet in the back, you’ll see these spots that look like welds well they’re just rubber welds covered in paint take a hammer and a screw drive and chisel the rubber off clear the hole with the screwdriver and take your mounts and bolts and bolt them in it pretty self explanatory I’m a woman with no mechanical experience besides the basics like changing oil, tires, and fixing flats Also I’m a small woman and was able to do this by myself I did need help putting the seat in though but my2000 model Tahoe is now a 3rd row truck yay 😁

I have a question I also have a 2007 Envoy and was wondering if I can replace my center bench seat out for bucket seats

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
514 Posts
Is the Envoy just the Tahoe? I Googled it and couldn't really tell... I think I'm more confused than when I started.

If the Envoy is a Tahoe, yes, this is doable. The bolt patterns between buckets and benches are the same Tahoe-to-Tahoe, but not Tahoe-to-Suburban. The TtS swap is possible, but it takes considerably more effort than waiting for the right seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the Envoy just the Tahoe? I Googled it and couldn't really tell... I think I'm more confused than when I started.

If the Envoy is a Tahoe, yes, this is doable. The bolt patterns between buckets and benches are the same Tahoe-to-Tahoe, but not Tahoe-to-Suburban. The TtS swap is possible, but it takes considerably more effort than waiting for the right seats.
sorry to confuse you but no my Envoy and my Tahoe are two separate vehicles I added the 3rd roe to my Tahoe that didn’t come with the 3rd roe option. I was just asking if I can replace my bench seat in my envoy with captain seats. I have 3 vehicles a Tahoe, Envoy, and a impala SS I have different things I’m trying to do with all sorry

·
Registered
514 Posts
sorry to confuse you but no my Envoy and my Tahoe are two separate vehicles I added the 3rd roe to my Tahoe that didn’t come with the 3rd roe option. I was just asking if I can replace my bench seat in my envoy with captain seats. I have 3 vehicles a Tahoe, Envoy, and a impala SS I have different things I’m trying to do with all sorry
I wasn't confused about them being different vehicles, but I couldn't figure out if they were compatible by snooping around on Google, is all. 🙂

So, unfortunately, I don't have a clean answer... If a CC option was available in the vehicle when new, then they SHOULD be hot-swappable with minimal work. The frame bolts between the trim packages are usually the same.

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
I had an '05 Envoy (the Voy in RayVoy), to the best of my knowledge, there was no captain chair option for the 2nd row seats.
Kells, you must had the XL if your talking about center seat, the captain chairs would have been a great option

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wonder if the bolt pattern in a Tahoe would match up to an Envoy........ Might take some modification.

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
The Envoy is a little smaller than the full-size trucks, I'll guess not.

But, if I remember correctly, the center seats on the XL trucks are already 2 seats. The passenger side is a single chair.
Perhaps, a 2nd passenger side chair could be made to mount on the driver side.
The cushion would need some work because of the curve on the outside front corner.
I might look at cutting the larger driver side chair down to the size of the of the passenger seat.
The problem with modifiing a seat is the danger of making it no longer safe in an accident. I wouldn't recommend cutting seat frames.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts