GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
As for identifying parts on the truck, that shouldn't be TOO hard. First of all, what is it, 1500, 2500, 3500, etc? The 1500s for the most part come with 4L60-Es for transmissions (if it's 92-current, 91 and earlier has a TH700R4 or other TH transmission.). To idnetify your rear-end, the easiest thing is to count the bolts. I'm fairly sure most 1500s have a semi-floating 10-bolt 8.5" rearend. To find out, count the bolts holding the drain pan on the back of the diff. You have 10-bolt, 12-bolt, and 14-bolt GM diffenetials, and you could possibly have a Dana rearend, which I'm not 100% sure on how to identify. For the front diff, it should be the same process. I am pretty sure they just use modified rear diffs for the front, so the center chunks are still the same, 10, 12, 14 bolt or a Dana axle. Hope this helps.

EDIT: This Page http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.asp?page=12 should help idnetify your tranny and diffs. If you don't have a suburban, don't worry, the trannies and diffs used are the same across all GM trucks...
Try looking on www.gmpartsclub.com
Chevy Engine

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.