GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 TB that I tow and it is a PITA to pop the hood and pull, or reinstall, the two fuses each time I connect or disconnect from the motorhome. In searching for an easier way I thought of inserting a switch to the wiring from the ignition switch to the fuse box.

The problem is the time it will take to research and test to find the corect wires. Having a wiring diagram or knowing the color codes for the wire(s) from the ignition switch to the fuse box would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Personal myself I like getting those Chilton/Haynes books (the advanced version) so you can refer to it for any troubles you have. Wiring diagrams are a pain to search and find on internet. That is if your going to keep truck for a while. There generally found at good parts stores (auto zone or whatever)
Good Luck :eek:ut:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I have a 02 TB that I tow and it is a PITA to pop the hood and pull, or reinstall, the two fuses each time I connect or disconnect from the motorhome. In searching for an easier way I thought of inserting a switch to the wiring from the ignition switch to the fuse box.

The problem is the time it will take to research and test to find the corect wires. Having a wiring diagram or knowing the color codes for the wire(s) from the ignition switch to the fuse box would help.

Thanks
Green is grass, right
Yellow is road, left
black is ground
At least that is the way someone explained it to me.

This site can help. if it is a problem with the trailer.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq/wiring.aspx

Also remember you are puting a higher load on the circut so you may want to go with one size higher fuse. Or a plug in circut braker available at most parts stores.

PS

It sounds like your problem is in the trailer, not the truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts