GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's use this thread to add the names of those members that we know have passed away. Now that we're getting to be a 10-year old website, we're going to start to have this happen more and more.

Please LIKE this post so we can make certain that we never forget those who we've lost.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second name is my own father who passed away in June of this year after a short bout with his 3rd cancer.

His name was Bob, (aka @Chevyfan's Dad) and he got me started turning a wrench when we rebuilt the big block 454 in our family Suburban back in the mid 80's. That was one of the best months I ever spent as a child.

[album="large"]2530[/album]

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
The second name is my own father who passed away in June of this year after a short bout with his 3rd cancer.

His name was Bob, (aka @Chevyfan's Dad) and he got me started turning a wrench when we rebuilt the big block 454 in our family Suburban back in the mid 80's. That was one of the best months I ever spent as a child.

Wow...great thread. Definitely my condolences...both of my parents have had one round each; my dad just finished up treatments and has to wait a few more weeks to see how effective it was.

Reactions: ChevyFan

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad news everyone. I have been reaching out for the past few months trying to get back in touch with long-time member and GMTC moderator @retired2001, aka "Bob Johnson" through private message and email, but no response.

Not sure why, but I just Googled his name and city, which he had made public on this site before, and came across the following. It's a match with the same name, city of residence and Bob was gone during the summer months visiting his daughter in Oregon.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lubbockonline/obituary.aspx?pid=169401095

@retired2001

Robert E. Bob Johnson LUBBOCK-Robert E.

'Bob' Johnson, age 67, passed away at home in Canyon Lake, Texas, Jan. 27, 2014, following a long illness. Bob was born Aug. 31, 1946, to Willy Sexton Johnson and Bonnie B. Oden Johnson, lifelong residents of Post, Texas. Following graduation from Post High School in 1964, Bob attended Texas Tech University in Lubbock, where he was a student until he entered the Army in 1964. Bob served honorably for four years in the Army Intelligence Service, where, as a cryptographer, he deciphered enemy code in Vietnam.

He received numerous awards for his service to his country. Following his discharge, Bob went to Houston, where, in March 1970, he joined the Upjohn Chemical Company in La Porte, Texas. After Upjohn was acquired by Dow Chemical, Bob served with Dow for 30 years, retiring in August 2001.

Soon after he arrived in La Porte, Bob met the love of his life, Marilyn Watson, and they married on Oct. 23, 1970, in Pasadena, Texas. The couple made their home in La Porte, Texas, and raised two wonderful children, Robert Chris Johnson, and Dona D. Johnson. Bob was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. Following the death of his father-in-law, Robert C. Manning, who loved Bob like a son, Bob served as a second dad to nieces, Melissa Missy Manning and Melinda Mindy' Manning.

Bob is survived by Marilyn Watson Johnson, his wife of 43 years; his son, Chris and daughter-in-law, Patti Johnson, of Canyon Lake, Texas, and their children, Kodie and Dylan Johnson, of Magnolia, Texas, and Luke and Alyssa Johnson; his daughter, Dona Johnson, of Portland, Ore., his brother, Allen Sexton Johnson and his wife Leatrice, of Lubbock, Texas; his mother-in-law, Nathalie Dickie Manning of San Marcos, Texas; nieces, Melissa Missy Manning and partner Kendra Gleason and their children, Kelsey, Mackenzie and Kenley of Spring, Texas; Melinda Mindy Manning, of Houston, Texas; brother-in-law, Billy Watson and his wife Linda Watson of Lake Whitney, Texas.

Viewing is planned for 4 to 6 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31, at the Justice Mason Funeral Home in Post. The funeral is planned for 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014, at the First Baptist Church in Post, Texas, with burial to follow at the Post Cemetery.

The family asks that donations be made in Bob's name to the Wounded Warrior Project, www.woundedwarrior.org, or the Lone Survivor Foundation at www.lonesurvivorfoundation.org.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts