GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Suburban with indash cd player and aux cassette. For $140, I installed a USA Spec PA11-GM45 interface unit that added Ipod and auxilliary unit capabilities (such as adding on a satellite radio). Total install took me about 40 minutes, and it was not difficult to install. The only things that did not come with the kit were an RCA y to mini stereo cable and plastic ties. This unit sounds great with the factory head unit, and even controls up to five (5) playlists on Ipods. There are other brands of these kits, so I am not advocating just this brand.

Hope this helps all other owners who are looking for an inexpensive stereo upgrade.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have a 2000 Suburban with indash cd player and aux cassette. For $140, I installed a USA Spec PA11-GM45 interface unit that added Ipod and auxilliary unit capabilities (such as adding on a satellite radio). Total install took me about 40 minutes, and it was not difficult to install. The only things that did not come with the kit were an RCA y to mini stereo cable and plastic ties. This unit sounds great with the factory head unit, and even controls up to five (5) playlists on Ipods. There are other brands of these kits, so I am not advocating just this brand.

Hope this helps all other owners who are looking for an inexpensive stereo upgrade.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that info:great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

Good info! Welcome to your first post!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am thinking of install the aux cable on my stock unit also. Good to hear that it works well! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I am going to guess he does not have an external multidisc changer. He may have an internal changer in the reciever,though I doubt it, but that wouldn't affect the external input lines that an external changer would use. I am also going to guess that it interfaces as a CD changer, so if he has steering wheel controls, he would be able to change playlists from the steering wheel as he would a 6-disc changer. All I have just said is going off of my knowledge of factory and aftermarket radios and adpaters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,

My vehicle has a single in-dash cd player, no steering wheel radio controls or cd changer (2000 Suburban LT). The reason I installed the interface device was to continue using the factory head unit while adding two (2) aux inputs for devices such as a direct connect to an Ipod and Satellite radio. With these options, who needs a cd changer?

If you want to spend less than I did ($140) you can purchase an interface that will add one aux input with a mini jack connector. I suggest that before you buy anything to upgrade your factory head unit, call the supplier and confirm that product is compatable with what you have.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts

That gives me some ideas on what I can do with my little cavalier, I need to put a new unit in there so I might go for something like that so I can plug my MP3 player into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts