GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install either two 12" or three 10" subs in my truck but I have no idea how to do this. I have the '06 Crew Cab but I still cannot fathom how they would fit without a custom job. I want to keep my back seats vacant for passengers and not spend a lot of money on a custom subwoofer installation. Has anyone got any ideas?

-Adro

·
Registered
269 Posts
Should be able to find a good set of speakers out there just about anywhere, just don't be afraid to get some good quality ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm trying to get 2 8" bazooka bass tubes under my seats, i'm gona try rasing the back seat 2 inches to get the clearance i need if it works i'll post some pics on here and tell you guys how it worked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
VIrtualboy2k2 said:
I'm trying to get 2 8" bazooka bass tubes under my seats, i'm gona try rasing the back seat 2 inches to get the clearance i need if it works i'll post some pics on here and tell you guys how it worked.
I agree with virtualboy2k2
thats what im doing to the homies truck since im doing his interior with Katzkin leather so he wanted 2 - 12inch sub so the way to go is lift the bottom back seat 2 inches and build the box somewhat under the seats....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The best thing I have seen that would fit your need is the JL audio 10W1v2. It has a mounting depth of 4.34" and the 12W1v2 sits at 5". It is [email protected] A friend of mine that works for a local audio shop says they do pretty well. I think those are the most economical choice coming in at around $100 per. I don't remember off hand what the available space is but I believe that it is around 5" with out raising the seat. However, I'm not sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have one jl audip 12' wo sub and a jl audio 500/1 amp in my reg cab truck, ran by an in dash dvd player. sounds great. For pics go to www.myspace.com/bybystrack!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Bystrack2006 said:
i have one jl audip 12' wo sub and a jl audio 500/1 amp in my reg cab truck, ran by an in dash dvd player. sounds great. For pics go to www.myspace.com/bybystrack!
Nice. I don't see a pic of that though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have had awesome results with JL Audio. They make these Stealthboxes for almost any car...I think they are a little pricey but they look great and you might be able to build something close to it for a lot cheaper. My feelings on car audio is that you don't have to have a whole lot of subs to get great sound and just plain loudness. I have a 12" W6, 760 watt MTX amp and a 1 farad capacitor. I went to a sound comp just to see how loud it was and hit 158db's... They said a shot gun blast from 3 feet away is only 120db's! I beat a guy that had 4 - 12" subs and a huge amp...just because his stuff didn't have enough power and couple other things. Just a thought... Hope all goes well and you don't have to buy expensive...just wait for somebody too sell it cheap and put all the pieces together as you go.

·
Banned
372 Posts
They actually make custom enclosures to fit your vehicle with no modifications at all. All you have to do is find a good local stereo shop and they should either have them or be able to order what you need and have it in a matter of a couple of days. The custom enclosures fit to the molds in your flooring and are really pretty good as far as sound goes...keep in mind you're not going to be blowing the back glass out or winning any competitions with it, but it does the job and achieves the goal of keeping the back seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
subs

I built a center consol box with a 10" sub in the downward facing position. It is powered buy a 600 watt mono amp. Ialso have a 400 wat Alpine 4 channel. The amps take up all of the room under the back seat. So i feel your pain.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I built a center consol box with a 10" sub in the downward facing position. It is powered buy a 600 watt mono amp. Ialso have a 400 wat Alpine 4 channel. The amps take up all of the room under the back seat. So i feel your pain.
Any photos of this setup?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have to 12'' pioneer that fit behind the seats of your crew cab with no mods all you have to do is remove he one air duct and they are the best sounding shallow subs you can get so i say go with pioneer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 04 Crew Cab and I set up my system under the back seat...

I have a Phoenix gold tantrum 1200.1 mono amp and 2 shallow mount rockford fosgate 10's in a custom box.
A buddy of mine built the box for me, originally it was in his colorado.

The amp is mounted behind the seat on the wall of the cab..

Its really tight, sometimes I worry my amp can't breathe but I haven't had a problem yet..

& the box fits snug right under the rear seat, I didn't have to raise it or anything and it sticks out maybe 1-2 inches.

I don't have pics of it yet but if anyone is interested I can snap a few.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same exact problem, only thing is I was told they had to build a custom box and probably lift my seats if I really wanted a system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts