GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a set of the Westin Platinum Oval Steps for my '08 Extended Cab Silverado. Dealer seemed somewhat confused about the install as the brackets did not line up with the front and rear chassis mounts, like on the classic. Turns out that at least with the Westin it mounts to the front and center mount and you need to remove one of the rubber donuts on the center mount. Not sure what I think of removing the donut, but probably makes sense so that it is rigid when mounted. There is still a rubber donut between the frame and the chassis. Product looks good and at 4.25" wide works better as a step than the 3" I had on my prior truck.

I put on the factory mud guards when I bought the truck for $195 (Ouch), and was told by the people who sold me the step that the guards are from Tuffy and that if you do not care about not getting the bow tie logo they install the same mud guards for $95. For $100 would have saved the money.

All else is well. Been quite snowy, so have been using the Auto and 4wd setting a lot, which translated into 12.2mpg. But, still for 4wd, not terrible.

Truck is very solid in the snow. So far, all is well. :glasses:

CT Greg

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
:sign0016: to the site greg! Where in CT are you from?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts