GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 silverado, with no fog lights. What I am wanting to do is purchase the fog light kit (through ebay/GM), but I have been told that most of these trucks have already been wired for the fog lights, that you just have to install the lights (after finding the wiring harness), and installing the light switch in the dash...

My question is this, where would the wiring harness for the fog lights be hidden/tied up? I have looked, and cant seem to find them, believing that my truck is one of the 1% of them not pre-wired (the GM guy I talked to told me that 99% are pre-wired for the fog lights. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
im not quite sure what to tell you, ive been looking into getting them for mine and when i got the truck the wiring harness' were hanging where the lights should be behind the valance

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
You might find that installing them is not enough, I know a guy that ordered all of the factory parts and used the factory wiring harness to install them and then had to go to the dealer to have the BCM programmed in order for them to work. They apparently do this so that the unused wiring does not have any current on it.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I would buy the factory lights and just wire it yourself and go to a junkyard or order the factory switch from the dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts