GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 M1009 CUCV/ k5 Blazer...i have removed the old tailgate....torsion bars had been cut...i understand why now....but i want to install the new tailgate with the bars as original as possible...i have no clue if there is some kind of technque to this or some special magical thing can do....any help would be greatly appreciated...im totally frustated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little more explanation is needed.
i have the tailgate off and trying to re-install the gate..the hinges are attached to the body and im trying to put the gate on aligning the hinges and the torsion bars...i seem not able to both.....should the hinges be on the gate and then attach to the body?....there are all kinds of youtube videos on how to take it off but none to putting it back on

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you have not done so remove the stop bolts. Install the tailgate with the spring rods attached. Then reinstall the stop bolts. You will need to manipulate the springs rods just a bit to get the bolts started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have not done so remove the stop bolts. Install the tailgate with the spring rods attached. Then reinstall the stop bolts. You will need to manipulate the springs rods just a bit to get the bolts started.
when you say stop bolts do you mean the bolts with the rubber that the torsion rods hook onto?
im sorry for the stupid question ..i just want to make sure i know what im doing....thanks for putting up with my lack of knowledge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got thanks for your help..i will let you know how i make out..i have a friend thats going to help me with the installation
thanks for your help...the gate is on once i figure out i had the torque rods on backwards,,,,lol stupid me...it went on easy after i fixed the rods and took the bumper off...thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts