GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the best Intake and exhaust I can get for my truck...For those who don't know; it's the 3.5 liter 4dr Z71 4x4 Colorado. Suggestions and experiences please.... Performance is the key here, not sound or looks!!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I belive in performance as well and until recently I owned a 2002 Toyota Tacoma w/3.4L V6 and I put a K&N FIPK intake on it.

On the K&N web site it showed graphs with a horsepower increase of almost 10HP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SSgt

I am in the same position looking for intake and exhaust for a 02 suburban 5.3. Let's see what folks are saying.

I think I am sold on the KN, but the exhaust is up in the air.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My honest opinion i would have to say that a K&N intake system is the best bet as far as intakes go but the main question i am wondering is do you want to use a header in conjunction with a performance exhaust? If you are just wanting to do an exhaust will you want a single sideswept or dual?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I want to get the best Intake and exhaust I can get for my truck...For those who don't know; it's the 3.5 liter 4dr Z71 4x4 Colorado. Suggestions and experiences please.... Performance is the key here, not sound or looks!!!
Headers, duel low restriction mufflers, sealed intake to the outside as large as you can get,(open filters in the engine compartment suck hot air not good for performance.)

Edelbrok or Holly intake manifold.

There is only so much you can get out of 213 cubic inch engine but this will help. If you give it more cold air and allow the best airflow out the exhaust you will be getting all you can without doing major engine modifications.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
SSgt

I am in the same position looking for intake and exhaust for a 02 suburban 5.3. Let's see what folks are saying.

I put a K&N FIPK on my wife's 2001 Suburban w/5.3 and with that alone it was a night and day difference. Exhaust, TB spacer, and Hypertech programmer will complete the upgrades to come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any ideas on which brand on TB spacer you are wanting to put on it? I have been thinking about getting a jet pro flo for my truck. I am also going to go with hooker max flo exhaust because i am not worried about the sound all the much just looking more for somthing that is going to let the engine breathe without much restriction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just my 2 cents

Although the Cone filters allow alot more air to enter the engine, they also allow thousands more of crap into your engine. More than one mechanic have told me about this. There have been studies done on them

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Nope, its under the truck!:lol: But seriously, I went with a K&N filter element and after speaking with the guy at the smog shop today I'm going with a dual cat exhaust system using the stock manifolds. He says to be California legal I can convert to dual exhaust as long as I put a 'balance tube' in the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts