GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 GMC K1500 short bed. Looking to put new box sides on it. Can only find Chevy box sides. Do Chevy box sides interchange with GMC trucks?

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Yes, Chevy and GMC are the same trucks, except for the grill and the tailgate has different markings on them, but the tail gates will swap from one to the other.

Reactions: MarshCam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Chevy and GMC are the same trucks, except for the grill and the tailgate has different markings on them, but the tail gates will swap from one to the other.
I'm finding it hard to find someone that ships parts to Canada. Only found one site that does and is in stock.

·
Registered
279 Posts
did you try brothers,oops , sorry brothers only goes up to 87, if you ever decide to take a roadtrip , im sure you could come to az and find a good truck body that will fit

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Most junkyards are connected nationally, a good AZ box should be available at any local yard

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Yep, they will, the boarder is just a formality.

The cold is pretty nice 6 months of the year, low to high 80s
And the cold can be bitter during the other 6 months; but the northern US gets the same weather.

But I hear AZ can be nice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yes , az is nice from oct to may az is very nice , but june to end of sept your talking 3 digit weather, july and august is the hottest 2 months ,people say june is but i disagree

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Yep, we remote start and let truck warm in the winter, you guys remote start to let truck cool down in the summer.
We have a pretty nice day here today, the high will be around 25c (about 78f) with a little breeze.

·
Registered
737 Posts
yes , az is nice from oct to may az is very nice , but june to end of sept your talking 3 digit weather, july and august is the hottest 2 months ,people say june is but i disagree
Yep, July is historically the hottest month of the year. When I moved to Phoenix in 2008 the HR Manager told me "9 months out of the year Phoenix is the valley of the sun. 3 Months it's the surface of the sun",LOL Anyway, there's a lot of rust free GMT400s floating around here.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yep peter it is, my first truck was a 1970 ford f100 , 4 speed no frills and no a/c, dont know how we survived , but we did and i have for 62 years in az so far

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone have luck buying aftermarket parts from places like LMC or NPD? Fitment issues, quality issues etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts