GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my names joe getting ready to buy first suburban mostly as a hunting truck. most likely an '85 ,350 engine,automatic,2wd,this will be my first truck

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome to the site. As you can see we're just moving over to a totally new format.

How soon are you looking to get your new Burban?

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! I don't know if your are aware, but there will probably not be much differance in price between a '85 & '87 and in 1987 Chevy went to TBI. Just a thought, good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my '85

the suburban is mine i just have to go pick it up,the owner is on vacation till the middle of march, i cant wait , im new to this site what does TBI stand for?

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
"tbi"

the suburban is mine i just have to go pick it up,the owner is on vacation till the middle of march, i cant wait , im new to this site what does TBI stand for?
Congrat's on the Sub! "TBI" stands for throttle body injection, first introduced in 1987. First light "trucks" with "fuel injection", as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I'm not a real fan of the tbi system. Other than I like it better than real fuel injection. 2 injectors in what looks like a carb. VS 6 or 8 injectors directly into each cylinder.

At a cost of around a $150 each I would much rather just replace 2 than 6 or 8.

We still have our first Burb, the 86-2 wheel drive. Even just 2 wheel drive with the right tires that thing will go threw hell in a hail storm.

Good luck with your new member of the family and if we can help just give us a yell.

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
85 burban

thanks for letting me know ,i've looked at a few trucks boncos,blazers, and suburbans and this 85 just feels right so i'm going to take the chance with it ,any websites or magazines for parts to upgrade the truck that you can suggest would be great looking for big lights , camo stuff seat covers,rear rubber mat to put in the back stuff like that

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I like Ebay

I like ebay for alot of stuff, if you have the time to wait on bidding. I am constantly amazed at what you can find on ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts