GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for an iPod connector for my wife's '07 TB w/6-disc Bose and XM. I ran across the PXDP3 from Peripheral Electronics. They show this device supporting "Select 2006-2007 GM 29-bit GMLAN Vehicles", but the '07 TB is not listed among those they claim to support. Does anyone have detailed information concerning what system the '07 TB is running in regards to stereo connections/setup?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a little further review, it seems that the folks at Crutchfield believe the '07 TB is using the General Motors Class II data bus interface, which is the same interface all the way back to the '02 model. Peripheral Electronics notified me that they have not yet tested the '07 TB to determine which device is required, though I'm guessing I actually need the PXDPGMT. I have this one on order now, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you ever find get the part in? I am curious as to whether or not this part works.
I've received the device and specific cable, though haven't had a chance yet for installation. I need to figure out how to get to the XM tuner which I believe is behind the glove box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good luck with that! Keep us posted.
The installation was pretty easy. Two screws hold the panel underneath the glove box in place, and two nuts hold the XM tuner to that panel. I installed interface cable PXHGMTX in place, fed the connector up through the glove box hole, and then replaced the panel. With the glove box all the way open there is enough room to maneuver the PXDPGMT into place. I used some extra-strength velcro to attach the device behind the glove box. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the back of the glove box to feed the wire that actually attaches to the iPod (which will also reside in the glove box). With the interface in automatic mode, you never need to touch the iPod, and I figure there is a little extra security with the iPod being completely hidden from view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts