GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It comes with the supercharger, belt, bov, intercooler, fuel reg, all the piping and everything else. It also comes with headers and a custom exhaust. Is this a deal that I shouldn't pass up? I was thinking about it but I kinda wanted a turbo but my homie keeps telling me that its a really good deal. Leave some suggestions and what you think.
Please and thank you.
-Chad:glasses:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey get aholda member "goldie" He had one on his truck maybe he can give you some insight about daily living with a blower. You can find him through my profile as he's a friend of mine. Tell him I sent ya. Good luck on your project whichever way you go. Post pics!!!!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That is a very good price for a supercharger with the headers & exhaust, so long as it is in good condition. When you say it has all the piping, I assume it is an external one that looks basically like a belt-driven turbo? (such as a procharger or whipple). I believe those are generally about $5000 - $6000 new for these trucks. I personally prefer the radix type that sits directly on the engine in place of an intake manifold, such as magnacharger, which are closer to $7000 new. Either way, I wouldn't pass a deal on either of them in good condition for that price.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It comes with the supercharger, belt, bov, intercooler, fuel reg, all the piping and everything else. It also comes with headers and a custom exhaust. Is this a deal that I shouldn't pass up? I was thinking about it but I kinda wanted a turbo but my homie keeps telling me that its a really good deal. Leave some suggestions and what you think.
Please and thank you.
[quote/]

that's a good deal ...you may want to ask if you will need any mods to the transmission etc. .....

·
Registered
902 Posts
id get some more details on what exactly it came off, how long it was used, how much boost was it running, etc. and brand and condition, too. ive seen people around here selling burned up D1 prochargers for close to that, not sure what a rebuild kit runs. good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a procharger, it was on his 6.0 and he sold it so he took it all off.

·
Registered
902 Posts
id jump on it, deals like that dont come around everyday. but idk if the 6.0 headers and exhaust would be any good on your 4.8

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know about the headers but the exhuast would work because i was gonna buy that earlier. The exhaust is just to flow master 40 series.

·
Registered
177 Posts
the 6.0 headers will fit... theres no major difference from the 4.8 to the 6.0 on the block, the heads maybe a lil biger but the exhaust ports to hook the headers to should fit fine. but hell worst case just sell the headers and gett different ones if you have to. if i ran across that deal and had the money id jump right on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts