GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2wd Silverado and i was curious if you guys would think only a moron lifts a 2wd truck. The land that I have never gets to the point where we actually need 4wd which is why i didn't buy a Z71. But I do need more clearance for some ditches we have out there. So, what do you people think? I don't want to be driving in town and then people look at me like..loser...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Building a 2wd (pre-runner) is perfectly fine. i would say 80% of people with a lift are just road warriors anyways.

·
Registered
70 Posts
id say there is nothing wrong with it too. im lifting mine and dont have much plans of goin off road much. and just cuz your truck doesnt have the 4x4 sticker in the side doesnt mean you didnt debadge it. lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true, just don't wanna be looked at as a poser when I do go on the road. My truck is always workin on our ranch and my dad who does have the Z71 never turns on 4x4 because for 1 were in a drought lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see no problem that your lifting it, especially if your using it for something. I'f your worried about people looking at you like your dumb slap a Z71 sticker on it haha.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Just do it!!!! Heck, you got Adam that has a lowered Z71! It is all on what you like!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It's your truck, do what you want, don't worry what other people say or think. I'm 47 years old and drive a lowered 4WD Z71 !! I get the usual comments as to "why?" or it "looks like Mexican's truck" (which is racist and uncool by the way!) but in the end I don't really care what people think, I'm the one who's driving it. I've seen many lifted 2WD trucks and they look fine to me, at least you don't have to worry about CV angles.

Got that in just before me Alston!!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I agree, LIFT that baby. It doesn't have to be a 4wd. They all look good lifted or lowered. It's all about making it your truck, & being different from the cookie cutters that the factory turns out for the masses.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It's your truck, do what you want, don't worry what other people say or think. I'm 47 years old and drive a lowered 4WD Z71 !! I get the usual comments as to "why?" or it "looks like Mexican's truck" (which is racist and uncool by the way!) but in the end I don't really care what people think, I'm the one who's driving it. I've seen many lifted 2WD trucks and they look fine to me, at least you don't have to worry about CV angles.

Got that in just before me Alston!!
Haha faster than you!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It's your truck, do what you want, don't worry what other people say or think. I'm 47 years old and drive a lowered 4WD Z71 !! I get the usual comments as to "why?" or it "looks like Mexican's truck" (which is racist and uncool by the way!) but in the end I don't really care what people think, I'm the one who's driving it. I've seen many lifted 2WD trucks and they look fine to me, at least you don't have to worry about CV angles.Got that in just before me Alston!!
Your truck doesn't look a "mojado"(you can google it) truck unless you have snake skin seat covers, steering wheel cover, and your cowboy hat has to be folded up like a taco. Lift that bitch!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So I think every one agress that you make the payments so you do what makes you happy....soooo what lift are you looking at and how high!!??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not too sure with what company I should go with...I don't really care honestly just as long as it does the job lol. Im thinking about 4-6 inch lift.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Its your truck, do what YOU want. All lifted trucks are cool, 2wd or 4x4. Heck, I think even a lifted wheel barrow would be cool!:lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I had 2WD trucks, I was always against lifting them and getting off road tires. The reason being is because I like functionality. I like to be able to use all 4 tires to get me through the mud and I like the lift to help. With that being said, I have seen 2WD trucks that can handle more than my 4WD Z71. The lift and tires definitely help, especially with a locker in the rear. But all in all, it's your truck. Do what you want with it!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
As with the many previous responses, it's your truck, do what you think would look good. That being said, I've seen countless trucks that are lifted (2wd & 4wd) and the most off road action they see is in an unpaved parking lot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Who cares what the other people think? your truck will be able to destroy theirs with that lift on there :great:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
ive got a lifted 2wd truck and i see nothing wrong with it at all i needed the clearance for my land and it looks awesome as well!
x2 on everyone saying its YOUR truck!
dont worry about haters noone cares for them anyway :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with everyone else. LIFT THAT BABY! My truck is 2wd and I'm dying to get a 3 inch lift or at least a leveling kit. And when I see a lifted truck I never think of someone as a "poser"... I usually just think "wow, what guy has a sweet truck!" I'd say go with it man. Its been said before but YOU make the payments, make your truck the way YOU want it to be.. who cares what other people think. Heck, I care so little what people think that I slapped diamond plated 4x4 stickers on the side of my 2WD truck! I know its lame, but I don't care cause I like the way it looks and its MY truck! So go for it man.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lift it. Plenty of folks do it. My truck rarely goes offroad, because I honestly didn't build it for that. I read somewhere that "4wd is a like a condom..better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it." I tend to agree which is why I always buy 4wd trucks. Anyway, don't worry about the "poser" issue with lifting, but I certainly wouldn't put 4x4 stickers on a 2wd truck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.