GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to determine if I have worn out or dirty injectors. This is on a 95 Suburban 5.7 with TBI. I looked down into the throttle body with the engine running and I don't see a "spitting" injector, meaning I don't see large drops of fuel. Everything is atomized but there is some collection and drips on the side walls of the throttle body. So there appears to be a cloud of fuel and air, but not a focused spray. I took the advice on another forum and hooked up a timing light to see the spray, but that really didn't tell me anything.

Since I'm not experiencing real big issues (some hesitation at slow speeds) I decided to run some Seafoam through it and see if it clears up.

The vehicle has a little over 200k miles now. General question: Should the injectors be replaced (about 150 bucks) just to make it safer for a long trip? Should I spring for an injector cleaning (about 50 bucks) that I see advertised different places on the web? What has been your experience?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I'd wait and see what the results you get with the Seafoam before I did anything else. Keep us informed about the Seafoam results. Also how does the truck run, any hesitation??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Silver, that's what I plan to do at this point. I tuned it up a few weeks ago and most of the hesitation is gone. It is still there at low speeds when consistent pedal is applied. I will update after the Seafoam. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
You may also want to remove the throttlebody and give it a good cleaning top and bottom with some Seafoam and a soft old toothbrush.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I remove my t/body twice a year and clean this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts