GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Brand new to site, but read it intensively before my recent purchase.
I have an 04 Silverado 2500HD, with 19,000 miles--my best freinds father bought it new, and has since passed away.
Two question: I am starting to experience the "abs" break pedal to floor problem that is such common complaint. I have read that there was a recal on these. How do I go about having this looked at? I know I have to contact chevy garage and explain, but will I get crap not being the original owner? Also, truck was purchased new almost 4 hours away from present location--will any chevy dealer take a look?
Second question, and NOT nearly as serious.
My truck , as already mentioned, is an 04 2500HD, 2wd, longbed, with a manual 5 speed transmission. I love it, 17+ mpgs at 69mph.
I asked a couple of chevy guys about it and they didn't even think they made such a combination. I know manuals aren't really desire, but I have always had a "stick".
I'm thinkin with all the crappy forums on gas mileage, maybe I lucked out.
Thanks in advance, appreciate each and everyones assistance.
Mark

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site. Glad you like your truck overall and that's very low miles for an 04! You can call your local GM dealership and they can do a VIN lookup to see if you've had any recalls completed for your truck or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts