GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our kids are grown up and on their own.

We have a 1990 Suburban with 150k miles on it (rebuilt the engine and tranny at 125k) and we travel between the different states visiting the kids and grandkids. We've been from Maine to Florida, to San Diego and Seattle .. and just about everywhere in between.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thats great that you can get that much travel in, I usually chicken out at the pump and opt for taking my wifes car on long hauls, the northstar v8 still gets better milage that my burban. I think I get just over 10 most of the time in town.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I adopted my Suburban it only had 143 000 miles on it(The original owner decided it was time to buy a brand new one). I have since added 30 000 miles to the odometer. On long trips or around town I wouldn't trade my Suburban for anything. It has the safety, comfort and (in my case with the Diesel) fuel economy that I want. When it comes to my family the safety part is THE most important part I look at.
I am currently selling a 1993 Lincoln MarkVIII that although it is faster and does handle somewhat better(I actually feel more confortable cornering in my Suburban), It doesn't make a very good family car and it only averages around 10MPG(slightly better on the highway). My Suburban with 26MPG Hwy and more interior space definitely has the Lincoln beat. For me, I can come up with to many reasons as to why the Suburban is the ideal vehicle.
Ron :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
We bought our suburban and within the week we got a call from relatives that they needed us ASAP. We didn't even get the oil changed and took off in it. 9 hours of driving later, the burban was running like a champ. You can't beat the comfort and the safety. We were able to pack that baby with people throughout the trip. After that trip we were impressed. We have drove up to Northern Cali 2 more times since then without problems. My sis-in-law has one also and her and I agree that when our burbans go out on us, we'll just get new ones.

·
Registered
33 Posts
burban there is no substitute for experience, it is the oldest and best.
we've driven our 86 back and forth to tenn. 3 times. milage on trip around 18 not really sure but thats about what its like love it.
the wife took the 94 to mass. saturday, 220 miles each way, still had half a tank when she got back.
so i'm just guessing around 20 mpg, the only bitch she had was the ac didn't work. when she got home all i herd was i hate leather seats. hit 100 sat here.
puting sadle blanket on seats today.
anyone know where i can get a setup for captains chairs and cloth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts