GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting site,to say the least! Hopefully, someone has a solution to an annoying vibration in the driveline of my '03 GMC Sierra p/u trk. Problem started after hitting a major rain filled chuck hole on I-75 N in KY 6 wks. ago. Tires have been rebalanced and rotated. took the hit on the left side, F&R, at 70 MPH. Universals (3) and mid carrier replaced a yr. ago at 86K, now has 94K. Changed out F&R universals today with no success. Vehicle has vibration from 41-46 MPH constant. Above or below that range, no problem. Any ideas? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard! you may have better luck posting your question in the powertrain sub forum.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club. Only thing I can think of since you replaced the f & r universals, is that maybe you broke a belt in one of the tires. They might have balanced out ok, but a broken belt could still cause the vibration

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Bent wheel or as stephan said a broken belt in the tire. When you have a broken belt as you go faster the belt inside moves around.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome!!!... and good luck with finding and fixing your problem quickly for as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome to the club, sorry I cant help with the vibration issue. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the club!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts