GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, I'm hunting around the DIY sites tonight, and I come across the most backward ass thing I've ever heard of. Not only does it sound unreasonable, it's name doesn't really sell the idea too much either.

Has anyone here heard of the "Joe's Cell"
Apparently this is an alternative fuel cell, which has the ability to power your "unaltered" engine that is in your vehicle. By unaltered, I mean no special modifications outside of removing your fuel lines, and adjusting the timing.
The content of this cell is basically a series of stainless steel tubes, of the 316L variety. So they are extremely low ferrite content which makes them not very magnetic. The tubes are approx 10inches long, and 1-2-3-4-5 in diameter. Each fitting within the next size up, so that when viewed from above, it resembles a bulleseye. Once the tubes are assembled, and sealed, they are filled with water, and a voltage is applied. This seems to charge the water, and at some point afterwards the water continues to hold that charge.
Sounds like a battery right?

Here's where it get's weird/strange/unbelievable/ludicrous (you pick).
Once the cell has gone through the "Three stages" it becomes able to power your vehicle without the use of any fossil fuel.

Yeah, I know you're thinking electrolysis. No not the kind that takes care of granny's upper lip hair. While it may make sense that you'd be feeding the hydrogen, and oxygen in the carb/throttle body of your engine to fuel it, the creators, as well as the yahoo group of enthusiasts, claim that you simply bolt it's main connection to the manifold, and nothing else. Nothing is fed into the carb/tb other than the air that circulates around it. The cell feeds nothing into the manifold. In fact they recommend that you attach the main line from the cell to a bolt on the manifold. The only thing this cell feeds into your engine is a frequency of Orgone.(some kind of unseen energy) Whatever the hell that is.

What seems typical is that the most crucial element is also the most difficult to either produce or find. The water that has to go into the cell has to be of a certain ph, and has to be biologically clean, as well as chemically clean.
Many of the users claim to use rain from thunderstorms since it is ionized, but then it's not really biologically clean, and probably not chemically clean. So they jump through hoops and do all kinds of crazy stuff to the water to make it perfect for the cell.

What's suggested is almost too crazy to mention, but I'm going to anyway.
They suggest that this will allow your vehicle to:
  • have more power
  • Run cooler
  • No emissions
  • No fuel consumption
OK, so it's magic that propels my engine's pistons and creates energy then.

At first I thought, "yeah, here's the crackpot's trying to sell me some book on something that I'd have to be half brain dead, and the other half rotting to buy."
But then the more I looked into this, the more I'm seeing that there are people out there who actually believe this works. Even still there are people who claim to have actually made it work!!!

Ok, what the hell... I suppose that I can give this a shot. I have faith, and a workshop. I can fab one up, and see what happens. I hope this doesn't turn into a cult where I have to drink the cool-aid.

In the mean time, I go back to my original question. Has anyone here heard of this before? It seems to have big favor in England and some of it's European neighbors, and especially Australia where it's creator, Joe is from.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
I've never heard of it. I guess that is why I didn't become an engineer, I can't imagine that this would work. Please keep us updated on your progress.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of it. I guess that is why I didn't become an engineer, I can't imagine that this would work. Please keep us updated on your progress.
Believe me if this magic little cell actually works, the GMTruckClub will be the first place to know about it. But I honestly have my doubts. I figure $100 is worth spending to see if it works. I'd spend that much, and more on a CAI for my burb so what the heck.

Here's some links if anyone is interested:
http://www.joecell.com.au/index.html
http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:Bill_Williams'_Joe_Cell

This is what got me the yahoo group for this thing has over 2600 members who are doing this. Well maybe not all of them, but certainly quite a few I'm sure.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/JoesCell2/

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Oh Patrick just when I thought your theropy was working...you go and put the lab coat back on...lmao.
Sounds interesting which engine would you try it on?

P.S. are you using solvents on the big block again, watch the ventilation...kidding.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. are you using solvents on the big block again, watch the ventilation...kidding.
Oh! Now I see where it says use with proper ventilation. Oops!:tongue:

Did you get a chance to read any of that info on those sites?
Seems absurd that it can work, but if other people are getting it done (god knows how?!) I may as well give it a shot.
At worst I blow about $100, and listen to the wife complain, at best it works, and I'll provide plans on this site on how to build it.

But don't hold your breath. I have my suspicions that I'm going to be hearing more noise from my wife, than my engine about this one.
I don't gamble often, so I figure I can take this on without too much remorse if it doesn't work.

The claim is that it works better with carb engines, and since I don't have any except for the lawn mower, I figure I'll just try it on the mower first.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
ya I read thru it and seem logical, but I would have my reservations too.
Keep us posted on how it works (or if living in the shop/couch is ok)LOL
Your never gonna here the end of it from wife, anyway.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So I'm here to tell you, that I've spent a lot of time reading through the posts which are organized something akin to a teenager's bedroom. What a mess.
I finally stumbled upon some very important posts, where the question was finally asked. "Does anyone have a working Joe's cell that can be validated."
No one came forth with any definitive proof of one working. (Big surprise)
The responses that came back to that question were of a derogatory nature, and extremely condescending. Usually to the point of "If someone has one that works they don't need to validate it."

Call me crazy but if I had one, you wouldn't need to ask me to validate it, I'd show that sucker off for free. There seems to be a common thread, and it's a deep scary cult like hint of religion.
I mentioned the kool-aid, didn't I??? huh huh?
These people are nuts, and they're just looking for attention.

So, without further delay, you have my official opinion that the Joe's cell is "Bunk" Don't bother.

On the other side of things, I did get a good lead on a "Hydrogen Booster" Which is the same principal, only they keep the voltage applied, and use the hydrogen, and oxygen created from the electrolysis to supplement your gas. This seems to have much more merit in feasibility. It doesn't free you from visiting the pumps, but it does help your mileage. (at least in theory.)
It would be like having a trickle of nitrous fed to your engine constantly.

Care to have a look?
http://waterpoweredcar.com/hydrobooster.html

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yes exactly if you had an experiment and it worked shy of the whole patent thing. You'd be pretty damn proud...wouldn't you? I think you'd want to show it off. Let other people have a go.
BTW guys like us could not afford to do the whole patent thing anyway, we be strong armed in court for years...

Anyway i'm starting to feel your Skepticism...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
so wait it runs on magic and white rabbits come out of the tailpipe? I'm very confused, I sure could go for a nice glass of koolaid tho.....:happy:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
so wait it runs on magic and white rabbits come out of the tailpipe? I'm very confused, I sure could go for a nice glass of koolaid tho.....:happy:
See now that would be a problem. We don't really need anymore rabbits. All that extra fur would add to the global warming too.

Oh, and the kool-aid man now wears pants. I guess some people found it disturbing that he was running around without pants.
Jamie, You'll need to update your picture of him.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
nope the reason he now wears pants is because he was sick and tired of picking sheet rock and splinters out of his a$$. Crashing through walls the way he does is dangerous. And how does he never hit a stud? The 8th wonder of the world....Koolaid man

·
Registered
10 Posts
jeo's cell

well i don't know where you got your information but it does work, if you would have read further you would have found that all this information is being supressed, certain people don't want anyone to know in the name of national security((ha ha ha)), i know of a man who has one and it works quite well and i'm am building one myself and it will cost a bit more than $100. that would be closer to 1 thousand but think of the savings, it isn't easy and the people that failed didn't follow instructions. I'll tell you what, as soon as mine is built i'll send you one just reinburse me my cost, after you have installed it and it works for you, hows that sound, and i wouldn't go telling everyone or you will be visited by some unfriendly people, telling you to stop experimenting.

Stubby
Sorry but i drive a ford, spent 17 years with GM, and i am a GM tech

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i don't know where you got your information but it does work, if you would have read further you would have found that all this information is being supressed, certain people don't want anyone to know in the name of national security((ha ha ha)), i know of a man who has one and it works quite well and i'm am building one myself and it will cost a bit more than $100. that would be closer to 1 thousand but think of the savings, it isn't easy and the people that failed didn't follow instructions. I'll tell you what, as soon as mine is built i'll send you one just reinburse me my cost, after you have installed it and it works for you, hows that sound, and i wouldn't go telling everyone or you will be visited by some unfriendly people, telling you to stop experimenting.

Stubby
Sorry but i drive a ford, spent 17 years with GM, and i am a GM tech
Hi, and welcome to the club Stubby.

You tell me that you don't know where I got my information, but then tell me if I read further....Seems you do know where I got the info.

The problem I have with Joe's cell, is that the yahoo group shuns those who wish to have proof of it working. I've been through the message boards, and read at least half if not more of the postings in the forum.
I think I am very open minded to new ideas, and technologies. My only stipulation is that I "DO" require proof of something that makes such outlandish claims as this does.

When people ask for proof they are told that "No one needs to prove it to you." That in itself is evasive, and lends itself to the idea that people are just selling BS.
I think your offer to reimburse you for your costs of the unit are admirable, but in the end, all I would want to see is proof, and this is something that producer's of "working" joe's cells seem to have a problem with.

By proof I do not mean create a video of it. A Live demonstration would be the only acceptable proof, as far as I'm concerned.
I find it troubling that joe's cell only works on carburetor engines, and to date no one has successfully gotten it to "work" on a fuel injected engine. I suspect this is because in reality the engine is running off the fuel still sitting in the carburetor's bowl. Otherwise the mechanics of the engine are identical, and there is no plausible reason why it should not work on FI engines just the same as carbed.

When the question of how it works is posed to those who have gotten it to "work". The explanation is that the orgone creates a lighter than air environment, and as such makes it so that the engine has no friction, and normal principles of physics no longer apply.:confused::confused:

I tell you what, if that's true then why can this not be applied to a "magic carpet" If it can make my 1000lb 454 engine defy the laws of physics why has no one set it up so that the orgone can be applied to air planes for instance.

I open the challenge for you to prove it in a live demonstration. Naturally your response will be something akin to, "I would not be able to do that since if the oil companies, or government found me, my life would be in danger." This would naturally be your way out of the live demonstration.

In the end if you truly feel as strongly as you do about this, you should go fully public. Regardless of what you think, those "bad people" probably hold influential positions, and you are not nearly as anonymous as you think. In reality, making claims of a working unit on the internet is no different than holding a live demonstration. If the "bad people" really wanted you, they could get you.

So, since you revived the thread, and you claim to have a working unit, by all means prove it in a live demonstration that one of our club members can attend, and attest that they in fact saw it work, and were able to verify that your carb bowl was empty, and not hooked up to any fuel source.
Allow them to do a full inspection of the engine.

That would be the first step toward proving it.:great:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Stubby Here, Your on as soon as mine is built and installed on a fuel injected engine, and operational i'll contact you through this site and we will make arrangements to met with anyone in this forum to check it out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts