GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say you have a small problem (possibly something shorted out/connection loose.

Own two Silverados 02 & 07. What you will probably experience soon is an engine light coming on (will cause remote start to not function/safety measure if an option) that the GM service mechanics will tell you is related to a valve on your gas tank, etc. If you google Chevy Truck PO449 (reading you may never get rid of), you will find 10 plus pages of excuses, stories, etc.

What I have now are two trucks I have to take in for service ($500 plus to repair before getting an emission test, then it comes back). If Chevy/GM doesn't get their act together and do a recall like a trusted manufacture should. I'm going to Dodge for my next purchase.... Your problem might be fixible, where your next won't be.

Been riding around with the engine light on for a combined 10 plus years and they can't seem to fix or admit they are wrong and fix the right way.
Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
and have a weird question. My window locks work for the back two doors but not the front passenger door. Is that normal, or do I have a small problem?

i have a 2010 and my window locks dont affect the passenger front window either. i hope its not a problem as i just assumed it was more of a children sitting in the back seat window lock type of thing.

·
4,774 Posts
and have a weird question. My window locks work for the back two doors but not the front passenger door. Is that normal, or do I have a small problem?
i have a 2010 and my window locks dont affect the passenger front window either. i hope its not a problem as i just assumed it was more of a children sitting in the back seat window lock type of thing.
The Below Information is from the......2010 Silverado Owners Manual,

Window Lockout,
o If a crew cab or extended cab vehicle has power windows, the driver door power window switch has a lockout feature. This feature prevents the Rear Window's from operating, except from the driver position. Press the switch to engage or disengage the lockout feature. An indicator light on the switch will come on when the lockout feature is engaged, and will go off when disengage.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If your crew cab or extended cab vehicle has power windows, the driver’s door power window switch has a lockout feature. The lockout switch is located in front of the window switches. This feature prevents the rear windows from operating, except from the driver’s position. Press the switch to engage or disengage the lockout feature. An indicator light on the switch will come on when the lockout feature is engaged, and will go off when disengaged. This can be found in the 2007 owner’s manual on page 128. It can also be found on page 3-14 for the 2010 owner’s manual. From this information, it appears that this is only supposed to lock the rear windows. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
4,774 Posts
If your crew cab or extended cab vehicle has power windows, the driver’s door power window switch has a lockout feature. The lockout switch is located in front of the window switches. This feature prevents the rear windows from operating, except from the driver’s position. Press the switch to engage or disengage the lockout feature. An indicator light on the switch will come on when the lockout feature is engaged, and will go off when disengaged. This can be found in the 2007 owner’s manual on page 128. It can also be found on page 3-14 for the 2010 owner’s manual. From this information, it appears that this is only supposed to lock the rear windows. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Tricia....Did you not see my Reply??.....:glasses:

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, MT.

·
Registered
130 Posts
thanks boys! thats what i had figured! and MTSilverado07 there is no such thing as a dumb question in my opinion! thats what this whole place is for! ask away!

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

thanks boys! thats what i had figured! and MTSilverado07 there is no such thing as a dumb question in my opinion! thats what this whole place is for! ask away!

oh and thanks Lady. sorry Tricia!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts