GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like the Suburban is fast becoming the vehicle of choice for coyotes.:eek:

From the headlines:

BOGGS TOWNSHIP -- Police discovered 13 illegal immigrants Sunday evening in a Chevrolet Suburban on state Route 144, according to a news release.

U.S. Border Patrol storytext('story'); On August 7, 2006, illegal immigrant Adan Pineda-Doval, 20, rolled a Chevrolet Suburban packed with twenty-one (yes, twenty-one) illegal immigrants while fleeing U.S. Border Patrol agents, killing eleven and injuring ten others.

Crashes stir up broader concern
6 accidents yield dozens of arrests. 31 more suspected illegal immigrants are caught in traffic stops as penalties on smugglers are mulled. At 7:11 a.m. on I-70 near Seibert, a Chevy Suburban rolled with 10 people aboard. At 8:03 a.m. on Interstate 76 near Brush, a 1999 Chevy Suburban rolled with four occupants. Some of the passengers had minor injuries, but no one was taken to a hospital.

9 suspected illegal immigrants killed in Yuma crash
The Chevy Suburban was carrying 21 people when the driver tried to circumvent a checkpoint on the highway more than 30 miles north of Yuma, according to authorities.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts

:eek: I can see the ad now..."The New 2007 Chevy Suburban,The most illegal payload of any fullsize AMERICAN truck" "The 2007 Chevy Suburban, #1 Choice of illeagal labor smugglers" An american revolution! Yea,......we don't need that kind of HELP for the illegal Mexicans!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Well it looks like the Suburban is fast becoming the vehicle of choice for coyotes.:eek:

From the headlines:

BOGGS TOWNSHIP -- Police discovered 13 illegal immigrants Sunday evening in a Chevrolet Suburban on state Route 144, according to a news release.

U.S. Border Patrol storytext('story'); On August 7, 2006, illegal immigrant Adan Pineda-Doval, 20, rolled a Chevrolet Suburban packed with twenty-one (yes, twenty-one) illegal immigrants while fleeing U.S. Border Patrol agents, killing eleven and injuring ten others.

Crashes stir up broader concern
6 accidents yield dozens of arrests. 31 more suspected illegal immigrants are caught in traffic stops as penalties on smugglers are mulled. At 7:11 a.m. on I-70 near Seibert, a Chevy Suburban rolled with 10 people aboard. At 8:03 a.m. on Interstate 76 near Brush, a 1999 Chevy Suburban rolled with four occupants. Some of the passengers had minor injuries, but no one was taken to a hospital.

9 suspected illegal immigrants killed in Yuma crash
The Chevy Suburban was carrying 21 people when the driver tried to circumvent a checkpoint on the highway more than 30 miles north of Yuma, according to authorities.

Thats nuts but in Canada we have them coming up here too to work on mushroom farms, Produce farms. There rolling suburbans and vans.
Nice enough people but man alive keeper outta the ditch

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had 9 people in my 99 Yukon once. I was commong back to DFW from Tulsa in the middle of an aweful storm when some of my friends broke down on the way back. 150 miles later and some cramped pasengers we arrived home. Just a note we also had 2 sets of golf clubs and 4 suitcases before our friends joined us with all of their stuff. Tight fit.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I guess if you're desperate enough ... Of course, getting onto an airplane anymore is about the same. Crammed in like cattle. We're taking a short trip soon and my boss bought my ticket ... a MIDDLE seat. I'm not happy about that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
too many haha in my opinion..they dont deserve to even ride in one...but id say prob 10..has anyone seen that police chase with the utility van..they come to a culdisac and somethin like 20 give or take a few maxicans came pouring out of the van..funniest thing i have ever seen

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess if you're desperate enough ... Of course, getting onto an airplane anymore is about the same. Crammed in like cattle. We're taking a short trip soon and my boss bought my ticket ... a MIDDLE seat. I'm not happy about that.
I'm 6'2" and always looking for legroom on a plane. Here is a great site for identifying seat locations. seatexpert.com My favorite is the pair near the wing exits. I HATE THE MIDDLE SEAT TOO!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts