GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey every one. My name is Roy and just picked a 05 2500 Turbo diesel from a friend of mine. I didnt expect to get this car but he gave me a great deal that I cant pass so here I'm. I'm a big time Subaru STi enthusiast and I like modding cars. So if you guys can give me a jump start on some nice exterior mod than it will be awesome. Looking for some grills , rain visor and other stuff that will enchant the look of my ride. Will do some search after posting this but it will be nice if you guys can point me to the right direction. Also what are some big site that people go to for aftermarket parts for my truck? Thanks all. I'm at Socal by the way. :great:

Sorry for the crappy pic. Will wash her up tomorrow and take some new one.

My STi.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Looks good from what I can see, very meaty looking rubber on her. :great:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Get a Truckin Magazine there are quite a few vendors for parts. Welcome. :sign0016:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome to the club! The truck actually looks pretty good the way it is - very nice. Since I personally probably wouldn't want to take it off road, I might consider some chrome tubular side-steps and make a grill guard for more lights.

But definately nothing wrong with the way it is now!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I would kill for either of those! Seriously. Congratulations. I would spend the money on a chip or an exhaust unless it already has those...:great:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice looking truck! We need some more turbo diesels around here!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
there is a lot of stuff you can do to beef up your duramax power wise but for exterior here are some sites also:

truckaddons.com
4wheelparts.com
BDpower.com

Nice truck by the way tho lookin nice!! and welcome :sign0016:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the club. I myself am a new Chevy owner Silverado 1500 crew cab. I am also looking for after market ideas.:sign0016:

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the site. New truck look sharp, have fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments.

I would kill for either of those! Seriously. Congratulations. I would spend the money on a chip or an [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]exhaust[/COLOR][/COLOR] unless it already has those...:great:
It already come with a turbo back. Not sure what brand but it is not that loud either. About the chip, he told me about it but I didnt really look into it. So what company make those chips. I will like to read about them.

there is a lot of stuff you can do to beef up your duramax power wise but for exterior here are some sites also
I might get a intake too. Looking at AEM work horse intake. Are they anygood?

Kind of hard here to find information since so much different truck and years here. Will try search more.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
AEM is good but I would also suggest you look at Afe... my bro has one on his cummins and it made a nice difference for him and they are necessity if your lookin to do any turbo work... and whats the specs? lift, tires rims, etc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
AEM is good but I would also suggest you look at Afe... my bro has one on his cummins and it made a nice difference for him and they are necessity if your lookin to do any turbo work... and whats the specs? lift, tires rims, etc?

Kool will look into Afe but I can get AEM at really good price so...

I bought bunch of exterior mods already. Sidesteps, rear step, visors, bugshield and stuff. Bought all the light bulbs and HID for headlights and foglights too. Yes, I'm mod addicted. Parts for this car are hell alot of cheaper than my STi stuff for sure.

About the spec. I'm not sure cause I didnt really ask him the detail. I know it is Axis wheels, some sort of body left, bilstein shocks and turbo back. I took some photos maybe you can tell better by just looking at it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
damn I wish my driveway looked like that!!!!... I love STI's also.... lookin like a 6" RCD lift which are very good and also expensive and Im guessing a three inch body lift on top of that.... 35" Nitto MT are also great tires but they are expensive and Im lovin the wheels... again nice truck man im jealous haha... oh and if the AEM is cheap go for it :great:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts