GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a former Jeep owner of 20 years. I have made the switch to the yukon as I was tired of having no storage space and my kids cramped in the back seat. Hopefully , with the Yukon, I will have room for my kids, my dog and my wife..... I know with the Jeep owners, we had a strong support group and I am hoping for the same in this group. My name is Bob Loveless and I live on the coast of North Carolina near Beaufort. I am looking forward to meeting and conversing with group members and even possibly hooking up with some for family oriented road trips. I have not owned a GMC for the past 20 years, when I traded in a one ton pickup for my first wrangler. Anyone have anything to share about the 2000 yukon. If it's bad news...don't tell me....only the good stuff.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Welcome to the board. We'll sure enjoy having an enthusiastic new member to this board! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good to know that this forum exists. I am used to the comradary of the classic car clubs that I am a member of and have become such a fan of the 2000 Tahoe I bought 3 months ago. Great for road trips. I have lots of plans for customizing it and plan to post a lot. :p

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, I love a good road trip. DO you go out on your own, or do you travel with other trucks and go somewhere like camping?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heay thats funny. I was also a Jeep owner for the last 10 yrs. Except I had a Cherokee. That jeep could really climb. I had a towing power problem. That 6 cyl. just could't do it so I went with the good old american mussle V8. My 99 Yukon has a few small problems that I need to work out but it will come around. It feels a little funny driving because it is HUGE and HEAVY. after driving the Jeep for all those years it is a interesting change. But it is also a 4x4 so I am OK.. I am getting ready to take it to Mammoth Mountain also, wish me luck.
Have fun ..Jesse from So.Cal..

·
Registered
82 Posts
AHHH........Beaufort, Morehead, Salter Path, Harker's Island, Smyrna,
Atlantic, South River. Enough of that.

You should be able to enjoy many years of trouble free service. Just a few little things to keep your eyes on. Intake leaks have been a problem on these anywhere form 75,000 miles up. Keep the transmission flushed and cleaned yearly, and change that fuel filter about every year or 15,000 miles or so for optimal performance. That is located under the drivers door in the frame rail. Make sure the arrow points in the right direction.

Welcome aboard. Need help, let us know!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts