GM Truck Club Forum banner

K&N Cold Air Intake

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Cowboytrukr 
#1 ·
OK....I can describe this K&N CAI in one word: DDAAAMMMNNN!!!!!! (in a good way...lol)

I am extremely happy with this product!

With perfectly illustrated directions, from tear down to finished install, it took an average 30 or so minutes (much shorter than I anticipated as this was my first one).

It is obvious that the folks at K&N make sure that these systems are made for the particular vehicle they state it is for as every part fit perfectly without any modifications needed to anything on the system, or in the vehicle. It is also evident that every part of the system is made with high quality parts and connections.

The best part is how great it has made the truck feel and sound now!
On the initial start-up, the truck already sounded slightly deeper...making my performance exhaust sound much better than it already did, but the part that solidified my happiness was when kicking into overdrive to pass a vehicle and feeling a slightly better response in the pedal and hearing the very deep, but loud roar of my exhaust!
She can definitely breathe now! :great: Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Automotive super charger part
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice Enjoy the Mod... :great:

#3 ·
#4 ·
What, improvement in fuel mileage are you getting? Any dyno improvements?

#5 ·
What, improvement in fuel mileage are you getting? Any dyno improvements?
Too early to tell about the gas mileage as I do not have that option on my DIC...I will have to base it off of my fuel fill ups.

As for Dyno...I do not have anyway of doing that.

#8 ·
Haha, from his description, it will be awhile before he see any improvement. He'll have his foot in to too many times to see an increase, haha

HAHA...do you know me? :rofl:

I HAVE been looking to pass cars whenever possible! lol

I think he is right, you may have to wait just a bit until I get it out of my system and drive normally again. HA! :lol:

#9 ·
Drive it like....
You Won it!! Oh yeh You did....

#10 ·
Bringing back an old thread from the dead. Does anyone worry that the grill on a round body doesn't really protect the K&N filter from water very well?

Does anyone think it's necessary to put a filter wrap on the cone when driving in the rain?

Or, am I overthinking this one?

#11 ·
Save your money. You already have a cooler temp intake as a stock item. The stock filter housing draws cooler air from outside the engine bay.

Since very few of us drive around all day with the throttle wide open, the CAI gimmick won’t help. Might look “cool”, and sound a little different without some of the stock housing stuff, but for performance and/or saving money, not.
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive air manifold

Mine had this ridiculous resonator that looked like a lung draped down between the filter box and the block. I bought this snorkel and 4” tubing from IntakeHoses.com

Reactions: RayVoy
#12 ·
Save your money. You already have a cooler temp intake as a stock item. The stock filter housing draws cooler air from outside the engine bay.

Since very few of us drive around all day with the throttle wide open, the CAI gimmick won’t help. Might look “cool”, and sound a little different without some of the stock housing stuff, but for performance and/or saving money, not.
View attachment 170327
Mine had this ridiculous resonator that looked like a lung draped down between the filter box and the block. I bought this snorkel and 4” tubing from IntakeHoses.com
I already bought & installed the CAI. It does sound pretty good, and I do quite a bit of WOT when getting on the highway or passing. The looks of the CAI aren't really a big deal to me since I mostly keep my hood closed.

I'm aware of how good the stock intake system is. Some guys are producing 500 RWHP with the stock setup.

I'm pretty happy with the K&N CAI. Haven't driven in the rain with it yet. But, when I do, I want to be sure the intake isn't getting soaked.

#13 ·
Roget that.

Great point about the shield thing. If it was me, I would want something to keep the water out.

On all three of my recent trucks, I eliminated the resonator. That changed the tone quite nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.