GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am considering buying a new intake for my truck and was wondering how well it actually lives up to everyone's standards. I had been hearing that it actually makes it sound better? Just wondering what exactly sounded better, whether it be the exhaust or just a little more beefed up engine noise. Also how much does it increase performance and efficiency? Noticeable at all? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I put one on my Wife's 2001 Suburban 5.3 and right away we noticed more low-end and increased performance. The sound changed only by hearing that big intake tube take a big gulp of air when you are used to it being muffled. It gained a few ponies and when driven properly, it will show mileage gains but my wife likes to hotrod it. Upgrading your exhaust and even adding a programmer will be like puting icing on the cake.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I am probably going to buy one because my brother works for a Napa warehouse, so I can get it discounted! Also I am looking for a used Hypertech programmer. Havent had any luck yet, but I am in no hurry. But, I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
more engine noise, little quicker to upper rpm for passing!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
SoonerSilverado11 Awesome! I am probably going to buy one because my brother works for a Napa warehouse, so I can get it discounted! Also I am looking for a used Hypertech programmer. Havent had any luck yet, but I am in no hurry. But, I appreciate the help!
Start looking at alot of websites that carry the tuner. Truckaddons.com stylintrucks.com truckperformance.com etc.. They're trying to wean off the PP3 and I've seen it for as little as $214 so just keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Im very happy with my K&N it did everything they told me it would and made my truck run so much better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts