GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a K & N FIPK kit on my 2000 GMC 1500. It took about an hour to install all the little adapters that hook everything up but the fit and finish look factory when done. True K & N is pricey but I believe the results were woth it. My truck is a 2 wd short bed with the 4.3 motor (I like this engine for gas mileage) I have a large hill that runs from the main road to my cabin, all I can say is what a difference throttling up that hill, I haven't had it on long enough to check gas mileage increase or decrease, but seat of the pants reaction is great so far. Next will be a dual exhast to free up what is heading out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sounds pretty sweet, post a pic if ya can, id like to see what it looks like installed cause i always thought about gettin one

·
Registered
202 Posts
I put one on my 5.3 2008 last week. I like it, but I'm not getting the gains like I did with the 04 I had. I still feel its worth the money though. Its hard for me to gauge what gains I got with it as I put on the Magnaflow duals at the same time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Has anybody put it on a 2008?
Same as Neverenough. I like it. It was cheaper than everyhting else and the gains are pretty much the same with any brand. You will have your haters talk about the oiled filter but I have never had a problem with them if you clean them properly.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Same as Neverenough. I like it. It was cheaper than everyhting else and the gains are pretty much the same with any brand. You will have your haters talk about the oiled filter but I have never had a problem with them if you clean them properly.
I agree with the oiling, I have them on both of the Harleys and they have been steller.... Like K&N
and asked recently about the Fipk now I am convienced since they do make a excellent product.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The oiled filter is fine until you make enough power to suck it through the filter and throw off the MAF sensor. This happened to some of my friends with diesels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts