GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with the K&n's do you get a really loud roar when you step on the gas ? i mean it's so loud that you kinda need to turn up the radio :glasses:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
It takes some getting used to. You can really tell when you stick your foot into it so in a way, you can try to be easy on that throttle to not make the deep throaty noise. But that's no fun now is it?:rofl:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heck no :lol::rofl:

·
Registered
380 Posts
A friend of mine bought one for his truck, and complained that it was too loud for hunting..... :rofl:

Duh! He had it removed, and has always given me a hard time for having a louder muffler installed in my truck. I tell him its no fun without a lot of noise!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
K&N and catback exhaust with a flowmaster or magnaflow is standard issue for all Knights of the Loud Pedal.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thats what I thought and besides I do love the way it sounds nice and powerfull ..makes those little kia's come up and when i roar to pass they kinda slow down ...gotta love it !

awsome smiley!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree it's loud, but I love it. I actually use my right peddle instead of the horn!!! Really - I notice I used the horn less, which is saying something in the Glendale, CA area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Do you have the full K&N intake pipe and cone filter with bottom mounting plate, Tahoe?

·
Banned
372 Posts
I've got a K&N, but its been modified (what hasn't been on my truck...). I will take some pics and post them sometime soon. Since I have all the suspension work I lost the use of the box. We actually cut, angled, and rerouted the piping and it sits next to the intake cover now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have the full K&N intake pipe and cone filter with bottom mounting plate, Tahoe?

yes it's the 77 series but it only comes with the heat shield i purposely left the tray from the origional filter box in ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts