GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i purchased this 98 k1500 the other day. runs great, but went to start it this morning and it will sputter once like it will start, but it'll just turn over, but wont start. It ran great before that and started when it was warm, just not too sure whats wrong with it. I was told the fuel pump was replaced. (The fuel pump does turn on when i turn the key) and the truck doesn't have cats or muffler, just a y pipe.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,099 Posts
Howdy and welcome.
First check your fuel pressure. New doesn’t necessarily mean good. Also, the coolant temp sensor in the intake manifold should be replaced. With MAF technology, the temp sensor is less important than with the older TBI systems, but it’s still important.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy and welcome.
First check your fuel pressure. New doesn’t necessarily mean good. Also, the coolant temp sensor in the intake manifold should be replaced. With MAF technology, the temp sensor is less important than with the older TBI systems, but it’s still important.
kind of new to this thing, sorry, but how do I do that

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
The 1st thing I would check is the gas, do you have some in the tank?
Is the gauge reading correctly?
When did you last add gas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1st thing I would check is the gas, do you have some in the tank?
Is the gauge reading correctly?
When did you last add gas?
i have not yet put any gas in it. When i bought it, it had about a full tank and the gauge has gone down to about 3/4 of a tank. So it could be faulty, but ill check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts