GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyone is using to wash and wax your new ride to keep it looking better then new. There is so many products out there now days to choose from I would also be interested in hearing technics so that you don’t get swirl marks or water spots

Has any one scotched qaurd there own seat and if so what did you use?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like Groits car care products, I use this wax called "Best of Show" wax, and it brings out the deep blue of my 94 chevy like none other. I like their products, extremely effective and very cheap.

Wash the truck, dry it quickly after you wash it to avoid water spots, any kind of towel will work, then apply the wax in small sections, to avoid it drying too quick, take your time, the more time you spend rubbing it out the better it protects. Then the biggest thing, is to wash off the engine with degreaser every single time you wash your truck, it will keep all the plastic parts from deteriorating and breaking on you down the road. That's what I normally do.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/home.do?code=PPC06&ctt_id=984574&ctt_adnw=MSN&ctt_ch=ps&ctt_entity=tc&ctt_cli=10x20013x10263x347018&ctt_kw=groits garage&ctt_adid=413066354&ctt_nwtype=b

·
Registered
137 Posts
I believe the way to prevent swirl marks from occuring is to use lots of water. I use a 2600psi pressure washer and don't hold it in one spot for a long time on the fan setting. Then when I wash I fill a 5 gallon bucket all the way up with soap and water. When washing I take one swipe, flip take another, then rinse in bucket. Oh and I do not wring out my micro-fiber sponge out as well. When I rinse it out, I like it to soak up as much water as possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if any one used a Soap Gun or a Foam Guy for washing. I hear these our the way to go because it can start losing up the dirt pluse put a lot of soap and or lubacant between the sponge/ brush to help fight sweirl marks

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Meguire's car wash soap. A wash mit (I run it through the wash machine after each use). Dry with a shamy cloth. While I am washing I keep the whole truck wet so when I wipe it with the drying cloth it will remove the water spots

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X2 with Meguiar's soap along with there other Mirror Glaze products. Also machine wash mit after each use. I use a grid in the bottom of my soap bucket to keep the dirt at the bottom of the bucket. I dry with cottom towels and air compressor.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I've never used a shampoo gun, but saw some videos of them being used. I can't justify paying $70 or more for something like that though. One trick I learned is to remove the sprayer and run the hose over the whole truck before drying. The water sheets off and minimizes water marks and makes it easier to dry. It also gives you another chance to look over your cleaning job in case you missed any spots. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts