GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got an 08 Silverado, power locks, but no keyless entry. The build sheet on the truck says it has it. The dealer says that the other options cancelled that out. There is no AU0 in the glovebox. However the dealer is going to give me keyless as long as all they have to do is program the fobs. What are the chances it actually is set up with keyless entry and just needs the fobs programmed to work? If not what is required to get factory keyless? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keyless

Not totally sure about the truck having the module for the keyless, but you might want to check out an aftermarket keyless system if the dealer isn't going to install it for free.

Most DEI systems are VERY easy to install in that truck since they all work through 1 wire to control the locks and many other functions. There are the basic wires to hook up like the 12V, Ground, IGN and parking lights, but the lock and unlock along with factory arm and disarm are all controlled by 1 wire.

Just some food for thought!

Also, if you are ever planning to add a remote start later on, it would interface withi the DEI keyless very easily.

Crunch

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too just bought an 08 Silverado and got caught in the same "trap"! It seems that if you get the power lock option only, it also comes with Keyless Remote. BUT, if you get the entire power option (windows, locks, and mirrors), for some reason GM has elected to drop the keyless remote. For the life of me I don't understand this. I have done a TON of research on this issue in the week I have had this truck. Trust me, you do NOT have the hardware installed in the truck, nor can you now get a "factory" keyless system. Yours (and mine) only option is an aftermarket system. Aside from this issue, I LOVE this truck, it is awesome!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Not to call you guys liars but this sounds really weird to say the least:neutral:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts