GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Well I got a remote online so far so good

Inserted my custom configuration tool (bent paper clip) in the OBDII port pins 4 and 8

Locks respond! Yeah!

Press button on remote and hold it...........

Success the locks respond!

So I'm good to go!

Thanks to all who were willing to help!

www.gmpartsclub.com

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
great!

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G

·
0 Posts
That's too funny! I had a '01 ranger, that if I wanted to program the remote I needed to put the key in the ignition, turn it off and on 5 times, turn the headlights on and off twice, beep the horn, and lock, and unlock the seatbelt 3 times, then stand on my head while drinking coffee. I like the programing method for the chevy with OBDII much better! :D

G

·
0 Posts
lol.....seriously with the exception of the upside down coffee drinking it was about that involved.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
My 2002 Trailblazer was something like that. Had to turn the ignition on/off while holding down the up power window button. Turn on the light. Something like that. ... do the hokey pokey.

G

·
0 Posts
yeah, that's fun. (sarcasm) It almost makes it not worth doing whatever you're doing. The salesman who sold me my first ranger told me how to disable the seatbelt warning chime. I decided it was worth it to just wear the seatbelt, and not bother with it. Not that wearing the seatbelt is a bad thing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ordered my remote off ebay yesterday, hopefully I can manage the hokey pokey to get it all to work. My daughters tried to teach me the chicken dance tonight, I didn't have a lot of luck with that one.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MN_Burbon said:
ordered my remote off ebay yesterday, hopefully I can manage the hokey pokey to get it all to work. My daughters tried to teach me the chicken dance tonight, I didn't have a lot of luck with that one.
The 96 was easy and the 95 looks to be pretty easy also just get a good ground had a problem with an alarm and paint under the dash.

G

·
0 Posts
1996 was the first year that OBD II rolled out. 1995 was still OBD I. (to my knowledge). There is probably a different method for programing remotes for OBD I.

·
Registered
282 Posts
1995 is ODB I, kinda sucks, the interface for OBD I is harder to find and there isn't nearly as much software for available for it.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TrailLeadr said:
1996 was the first year that OBD II rolled out. 1995 was still OBD I. (to my knowledge). There is probably a different method for programing remotes for OBD I.

The info I posted is for the 1995 models the 1996 with OBDII you just put a paper clip in 4 and 8 the locks will cycle you press the remote button the locks cycle and you pull out the paper clip and you are done.
Or as GM calls it "Programming method 466"

:D

When I got my remotes it came with a sheet with different methods for the different years and programyourremote.com is another great source.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My remote came yesterday, Had to call the company for the right year of instructions, they emailed it immediately and even with the call I was still done and working in 15 minutes. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MN_Burbon said:
My remote came yesterday, Had to call the company for the right year of instructions, they emailed it immediately and even with the call I was still done and working in 15 minutes. Pretty cool stuff.
Cool Beans! Its crazy how simple it is!

The 95 ones I scanned in were not the right ones? Hmmm they came right off the sheet

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just went back and checked your scan, that would be the right one. I should have just looked at that, anyway, they were real quick about getting it out email from the keylessremotes place.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Just was asked about this on my Fiero forum. Of course my STML has made me forget about this little thread.

http://www.programyourremote.com/

Just follow the derections for finding the way to program your remote.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts