GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where the knock sensor is locATED N MY FATHERS 1993 CHEVY K1500 4X4 PICKUP. I WAS THINKING IT WAS NEAR THE STARTER, BUT IM NOT SURE

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
There may be one or two on the motor. They are typically on the lower portion of the block near the oil pan rail. It's an odd-lookng cylinder that just kind of sticks off the block with no apparent use or reason.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yep, near the starter, if your 5.7 (L05) is like mine (I just pulled the one from my C-1500 1993 Burb). It's above the pan line near the dipstick aperture. Look on the opposite side of the engine and you'll see a drain plug with a square head. I mention this to remind you, the knock sensor works by listening in engine's coolant. Remove the sensor and be ready with a bucket (even with the radiator drained). There's not much excitement down there, why do you want to know?

·
Registered
16 Posts
why are you replacing it, im curious because i think it might be my problem.
i have been reading alot of forums and asking a lot of questions and everyone thinks this is my problem.

are you having engine running problems if so what are the symtoms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My transmission wont shift into overdrive, and on a cold start runs like ****.. acceleration is garbage, so I collected codes from the trucks engine, faulty knock sensor, going to replace it, I'll let you guys know how it went and I'll include pics

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
not shifting into overdrive is most likely the throttle position sensor. check you tube for videos on how to test the tps. its pretty simple.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My computer is throwing code 43 for knock sensor... and I read that the ignition is retarded and the overdrive is limited... I'm gonna change it out and if I still have a problem I'll check that tps, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
My computer is throwing code 43 for knock sensor... and I read that the ignition is retarded and the overdrive is limited... I'm gonna change it out and if I still have a problem I'll check that tps, thanks
Did you ever figure out what the problem was my 91 Chevy k1500 was throwing the same code

1 - 8 of 8 Posts