GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i pull in or out my driveway i hear a knocking noise that sounds like its coming from the rear drivers side. It doesnt make this noise at all when im driving or hit bumps, but only when i pull in or back out any driveway, its totally random so i cant pinpoint what causes it other than the driveways. My friend's silverado does the same thing, anybody know what this is.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
does it happen when you turn the wheel all the way?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, but now that you mention that i can feel a slight clicking in the wheel sometimes when i turn it

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
hmmmm i dont really know... maybe your tires are rubbing a little on your bumper or fender wall??

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I know this is off the wall but, my 86 did something similar and for the life of me I could never figure it out until one day when I was standing near the end of the drive as my wife pulled in with the truck.

To my surprise I saw the entire front end of the truck bounce slightly. The bushing between the frame rail and the lower radiator support had worn and allowed the body to bounce just enough to make a knocking noise.

Now I don’t think yours could be worn out so soon, but the bolt could be loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts