GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot, but anyone near Lafayette and willing to look at a project truck for me?

https://www.fgautobroker.com/detail..._cab_141_5_wb_4wd-used-2gcek19r1w1132043.html

I am located in Michigan and looking to restore my 94k1500. The k1500 above is the only one I have seen like mine and am very interested. I have emailed the dealership and waiting to hear back. If anyone is able too, please PM me.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm from Lafayette, but not OR, Lafayette Louisiana. I have owned a C1500 since 1999, and the 97 I have now, since 2002. What do you want to know, I will try to help if I can.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to get more pictures of the truck. Its very clean for a 98 and was wondering how it looked underneath. Rust has taken over on my 94 and its beyond repair, but the engine and components are good.

Waiting on the dealer to return my emails and trying to line something up if they don't respond.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Food for thought. Keep in mind, that you 94 is TBI and a 96 plus will be Vortec CPI. So although the engine block it self is the same, from the heads up, it is different. Also Im not sure if the TBI has a crankshaft sensor, but I know that the Vortecs do. So the timing chain cover is different if the TBIs dont have the crankshaft sensor. 95 is the oddball year. Being the only year using TBI in a Vortec style truck. The dash and interior in these trucks changed in 95. I know the differentail are the same, as for the trans, well the control in the ECM changes for different years. The Vortec have a different ECM being OBD II and TBI being OBD I.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts